Part 6

I sat by the fire in the Gryffindor common room. The dim lighting covering the bruises and hickeys on my neck enough that they weren't that noticeable.

I made a mental note to send my mum an owl asking her to send some concealer as the choker around my neck wasn't thick enough to cover the marks Draco had left.

Ron and Harry sat down in the arm chairs next to me. Harry handing me a mug of hot coco.

We sat in silence for what felt like an unbearable amount of time.

"Uh. Hermione?" Ron said.

I nodded in acknowledgement as my mouth was full of hot cocoa.

"We've been noticing things," Harry said.

"No necessarily bad things." Ron said quickly.

"But we've been noticing things." Harry finished off the Ron's sentences.

I stared at both boys, "what things?"

"The collar. For one." Ron said.

"It's a choker." I said defensively even though Draco had called it a collar. "And I'm just trying out a new style."

"Ok." Harry said, not believing it for a second. "What about the sneaking around?"

"And the being late for class?" Ron added.

I crossed my arms. "That was one time. Draco was also late."

"About that. Are you and Draco you know-."

"Dating?" Ron cut Harry off.

"What? Who told you! I.. I mean nooo." Wow Hermione smooth. I thought to myself.

Ron jumped up. "I knew it! But why?"

"Yeah? Mione what's the appeal?" Harry asked.

"He's really nice once you get to know him," I said. "And he's really attractive."

"Sure he is," Ron said skeptically.

"Would the fact that he's really sweet have anything do with the bruises on your neck?" asked Harry.

"And don't tell us they're just hickeys because the bruise is all the way around your neck," Ron said.

"Hermione is he hurting you?" Harry asked.

"I'm fine!" I yelled getting up from the armchair. "I'm going to bed. I'll see you two in the morning!"

I stormed off but not before Ron yelled after me, "were just trying to help!"