Part 16

"Hermione no!" Hagrid yelled running out of his hut.

But it was already to late blood started to soak Ron's clothes.

I dropped my wand realizing what I had done. Tears were already streaming down my face.

"What have I done," I managed to get out.

"Can you reverse it?" Hagrid asked.

"I'm not sure I can try," I said frantically, my chest was getting tighter and I couldn't breath.

I paced quickly I knew we were running out of time. I picked up my wand, "Vulnera Sanentur."

The bleeding stopped, thank god. I dropped to the ground next to Ron.

"Are you ok?" I asked. "Ron?"

Ron was unconscious lying in a pool of his own blood, "omg omg what have I done?" I muttered to myself. I checked Ron's pulse.

"Hag- Hagrid he isn't breathing. He isn't breathing!" I screamed, "Ron please please wake up. Hagrid god damn it help me!"

"Hermione!" I heard a strong confident voice call from the top of the hill.

"Draco," I cried.

"Hermione baby whats wrong?" Then he saw Ron. "Hermione," his tone got darker, "what happened?"

"Stop asking me what happened and fucking help me!" I yelled but voice getting more shrill as panic set in. I knew I wasn't strong enough to lift Ron myself and Hagrid wasn't moving, he looked too shocked to move.

"Ok Hermione you need to calm down," Draco said approaching me.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I yelled.

"Don't fucking yell at me!" Draco yelled back his tone was one that I had never heard before and it terrified me but in the moment I didn't care I just knew that I was going to pay for it later especially with words I said next.

"Draco now is not the fucking time to assert your dominance over me your my boyfriend you don't own me. So unless your going help leave me the fuck alone!"

Draco glared at me. Hagrid had finally snapped out of it and picked Ron up. I was left on the ground covered in blood that wasn't mine.

Draco stood over me, still completely fuming but his expression softened when he saw how shaken I was and he dropped to the ground next to me.

"Let's get you inside," he said picking me up bridal style., I jumped at the contact but leaned into him anyway. My body was shaking so bad as we made our way to the Gryffindor common room.

"D-don't you h-have a quidditch m-match today?" I asked.

"Not anymore love I'm going to stay right here with you," Draco said.

I smiled weakly as he walked into the Gryffindor common room. I know he wasn't exactly allowed into the common room but I'm sure Mcgonagall wouldn't mine in this instance.

Draco gently lowered me onto on of the couches and he sat next me to me. "Come closer babe," he said.

"I'm covered in blood I-," I started.

"So am I," he cut me off, "so come here."

I slowly leaned into him, placing my head on his chest and wrapping arms around him. He was warm and I felt safe despite everything he had done to me.

"I love you," he whispered.

"Is that what the note said?" I asked remembering that I hadn't opened it.

"Yes," Draco said, "I was to scared to say it to you in person."

"I love you too," I said.

I must have fallen asleep because when I shook off the rest of my fatigue Draco had been replaced by Harry.

"Hey," he said softly. He saw the confusion on my face. "Draco had to go." He said answering my question.

I looked around, I was wearing my pyjamas, "he also changed you clothes," Harry said.

"I need a drink," I said rubbing my eyes. I walked over to the bookcase on the other side of the room and pulled down the copy of Pride and Prejudice and the bookcase swung open to reveal a fully stocked liquor cabinet. I grabbed a bottle of fire whiskey and walked back to the couch. Fred and George has built the liquor cabinet in their 5th year.

"Is Ron ok?" I asked sitting down.

"He will be," Harry said.

"you're not mad at me," I said almost poised as a question but no quite.

"No," Harry said taking the fire whiskey from me and opening it.

"Oh, I said sipping the awful liquor directly from the bottle.