4 - Lunch?

Luckily, he didn't pick up and I just continued doing what I was doing. A week later, he decided to call back, which was honestly completely unexpected. 
        "Hello?" I answered the phone, pausing my game and resting back in my computer chair.
          "Hey, this is _____, right?" I smiled, knowing who it was from their voice.
        "Yea, this is her." I picked up my feet, crossing them before sitting them on the edge of my desk.
         "Hey, it's James, from the bar? You called a little while back and I'm sorry I didn't answer. One of my friends and co-workers was moving away, so." He paused, making me see that the situation wasn't exactly easy for him.
        "It's fine, I completely understand." A small silence struck the line.
        "Was there anything you called me for... or?" He chuckled. My nervousness grew as I thought about possible excuses for why I called- because I didn't really have any reason that night.
        "I just wanted to talk, sorry about that." I grew worried as I waited for him to reply, my lip being evaded by my teeth, gently biting it.
        "Oh, well, did you still need to talk? I'm free this afternoon if you wanted to talk over lunch or something." I sighed, pursing my lips as I thought.
        "Yeah, that'll be fine. Where do we meet up?" I asked, my hair being pushed behind my ear. "There's a little in and outdoor restaurant by my place."
        "That should be fine." I gave him the directions before hanging up. I placed my phone on the desk, looking to my monitor before sighing. 'What do I wear?' I asked myself, spinning round to my closet. I stood up, searching my closet, dressers, and even my hamper for a good outfit. I sat down on my bed, disappointed in my search.
        Then it struck me, I had an extra outfit in my car that was for after work when I would go out to eat with my co-workers. I quickly slid on my slides before darting out of the house in my pj's. I didn't even notice until I got back inside, but it was too late then.
        I don't know why I was trying to hard to impress this guy, but I wasn't going to be satisfied until I did at this point. I quickly threw the clothes in the dryer to de-wrinkle them while I did my hair and makeup. With my hair, I decided to put it up in a messy bun- but so it looked cute and presentable. I didn't really mess with my hair that much, due to the fact I didn't want to ruin it. I applied some make up before retrieving the clothing and putting it on.
        I wore a cute loose wolf tank top that went down to my mid thigh, followed by blank skinny jeans. I wore a pair of converse, the colors matching my shirt. I was quite content with my appearance and decided that this was the right choice, looking to the mirror for my overall look.
        Double checking in the mirror, I pursed my lips and did funny faces, all in preparation for lunch. 'I hope he didn't mean a date.' A thought busted in my head, making me think again about this whole lunch thing. 'I mean, I don't think it's a date. Is it?'
        I was now slightly nervous about this get together now, since his intentions might be completely different from my own. I decided to just play it cool and go anyway, seeing that he probably isn't like that. Not to mention, the fact his friend just moved away means he's most likely upset and not interested in a date. Plus, he knows I just got out of a relationship.
        I was about to walk out of the house when I realized I was an hour early. I sighed, sitting back down in my chair before staring out the window, daydreaming about how my day is going to be like.
        When it was really time to go, I was already out the door, my car being pulled out of the drive way. As I drove I kept the radio on a low volume, my mouth mimicking the words. On the inside I was still somewhat nervous because, after all, I did only meet this guy once and in a bar of all places. On the outside I was completely chill, just like when I go in for presentations.
        Driving up, I took out my phone, pushing the 'recall' button before parking. The ring went on and I thought he wasn't going to pick up until I finally heard the line come to life. "Hello?"
"Hey ugh, you here yet, I am waiting in my car." I was checking my makeup again in the mirror as he replied. 
        "Yeah, I grabbed us a seat outside. You should see me when you walk up." I nodded, knowing he couldn't see me.
"Alright, see you in a minute then." He agreed before we both hung up. I got out of my car, my jeans soon having my phone slide into the pocket. 
        I was looking around, my eyes soon planting on a familiar face. "James." I greeted as I walked up to the table. He surprisingly sat up and smiled.
        "Hey, _______." Then the waitress walked up, asking what we wanted to drink. "I'll have an ice tea." He smiled to the lady, then to me as I finally settled in the seat. 
        "And I guess I'll have a water." She nodded and walked away, leaving me and James at a small table to ourselves. 
        "So." He spoke, looking to me. "Anything you wanted to talk about specifically?" His eyes broke my shell, the one that fended off awkward situations.

I froze.

(Happy Halloween! Have another chapter this week! ^-^)