Chapter 1

"Your Highness, I have found her!"

Queen Flora quickly summoned the servant who shouted the words upon entering the throne room.

"My dear Rio, calm yourself before you do more damage to all our ears", said she.

"Forgive me your Highness for acting thus", the servant with a slight bow to the queen.

The queen nodded and walked towards the nearby window overlooking the vast expanse of the kingdom. "Is she well?", she croaked. Her eyes in a mist.

After a moments hesitation, the servant answered, "I am not sure how to say this your Highness but she is no longer the princess we once knew".

With a wave, Queen Flora dismissed him. The servant understood and quietly retreated out of the room.

Once alone, she could not help but remember the days of old when everything seemed to be perfect. She thought that nothing could go wrong but that changed when Serpentine was born.

The birthing chamber smelt of death. Young Queen Flora held her breath and cried silently while her body is racked with contractions. Healers have arrived to ease the pain but to no avail. Everywhere there is blood. The sheets were drenched by it. It's been hours since the water broke but the royal baby still showed no signs of coming out yet. Whispers went round the kingdom that the unborn royal baby might be cursed. As the lips of everyone tattled tales of gore about it, young Queen Flora felt a sharp tug inside and as if on queue, the royal baby decided to come out after all. A flurry of activity inside the birthing chamber followed and a cry of joy.

"It's a Princess!"

The Queen closed her eyes and thanked the heavens for such beautiful princess. But she felt a little something still squirming inside of her womb.

With wide eyes the birthing maids shrieked and ran from the room. The others stared breathless when they behold a snakelike form went out of the queens womb. It hissed and slithered to the open windows. Then it was gone.

"My Queen."

Queen Flora woke from her reverie.

King Gord made his way gingerly beside her. "Are you well?  You look pale." The tenderness in his voice calmed Queen Flora.

"Yes, I am well my King," the smile on her face gave life to her features.

As they gazed outside the window, the sun shone brightly than before and everything looked perfect.

Meanwhile, deep into the forest where no man has ever seen yet, a monster lurked.

*******
WATCH OUT FOR UPDATES..
THANKS FOR READING..
XOXOXO ~Nestea <3