Chapter Three: Nesting Bluebird

It was strange enough that Error was smaller then himself. Child Error, well, Dreamswap Nightmare really, fit in his arms easily. It was strange, but he didn't mind.

If Error hadn't explained this... process in the past, he probably wouldn't have believed that the other was Error at all.

DS!Nightmare was fragile compared to his future/past self Error, he hated the fact that it was always something sad or horrific for a Sans to become Error.

Thankfully, only one Error could exist at once. It would have driven him even more insane if he could awaken multiple times at once.

Thankfully, Fate had limited it when Error had come into being.

Error had told him that the last time he'd died, it had taken 50 years for him to transform into his glitched form. The one before that had taken twenty, and before that, nearly a century, although he wasn't sure- that life had been a strange one.

The time seemed to be random, unless Ink decided to go crazy creating, which would cause a rapid, far more painful transformation.

The shortest time had been three days.

He'd been a Horror in that reincarnation, so apparently he hadn't minded too much.

"You're so tiny right now," Blue squealed.

Violet eyelights stared up at him grumpily in response, Error already sick of being teased about his new form.

"Blue, no! Everyone else is teasing me about this body already," Nightmare whined. Yes, he actually whined.

Blue paused, taking in the dark shadows under the smaller skeleton's eyelights.

"Error, when was the last time this body slept? Because if I remember right, you told me that until you fully awaken, in body as well as mind, you have to eat and sleep like a normal monster?" Blue asked sternly, his starry eyelights hard as steel for an instant.

Error blushed a cyan hue, a sheepish expression on his face.

"Two weeks ago... just after I woke up?" Error said, frowning as he attempted to remember.

"You know what? If you can't remember, it's been too long. And you probably forgot to take care of your other needs too," Blue huffed, knowing that he would have to take charge here, or else Error would probably just keep going until he passed out from exhaustion.

Error's guilty face answered his questions.

"Well..." Blue said, before grabbing Error and hauling him upstairs.

"Hey!" Error protested.

"You can sleep in my bed, once I think you've slept enough I'll let you up to eat and take a shower," Blue said, plopping Error onto his rather comfy spaceship-shaped bed.

"But..." Error protested.

"Nope," Blue said.

"I'm sure..." Error tried again.

"Nil, and nada," Blue chirped cheerfully, gently pushing the other down and tucking him into a blanket burrito.

"Blue," Error protested.

"Stay there, I'll be back in five minutes," said Blue, stepping out of the room. Two minutes later, Error was dead to the world.

Blue smiled and snapped a picture of the utter cuteness, then turned off the light.

OoOoO

He hated to admit it, but Error felt a lot better when he woke up next.

Then his stomach growled, sounding more like a lion then a stomach.

"Just on time," Blue said walking into the room.

"I'm a bit hungry," Error admitted, his stomach roaring for food again.

"I have some tacos downstairs, so eat, then you can have a shower. I found some fresh clothing for you once you're clean," Blue said, helping the still half asleep skeleton escape from the blanket burrito.

"Food," said Error happily, he only got to eat it before he awakened fully, might as well enjoy it while he could.

The door downstairs slammed open.

"Blue! I'm home," called Stretch's happy voice.

Blue sneezed, briefly pausing what he was doing.

Then he pushed Error in the closet to hide him from Stretch.

"Blue... This body won't shift to my Error form for years yet, he won't know who I am," Error said dryly.

"Sorry, it's habit at this point," Blue said blushing, letting his friend out of the closet.

Error sighed.

OoOoO

"It's great for you to have friends over Blue! So, what's your name, kid?" Stretch asked kindly.

The tall, orange-garbed skeleton was always friendly, unless your name was Error. Then it was pure hate.

'Oh, crap, we forgot to choose a nickname,' Error thought.

Anyone that left their AU needed to choose a nickname, as duplicates abounded- he himself was one, of course, as there was already a Nightmare.

"Oh! This is," Blue began, stopping as he realized that they hadn't come up with a nickname for Error.

"Twilight," Error-Nightmare, now Twilight, answered. Might as well use the nickname his Dream had given to him when Dream was still innocent, not to mention sane