Chapter 9: Begin again

Ji Won

She wakes up while feeling nothing at first. She blinked her eyes a few times before starting to process the entire situation and it's not even a minute until the pain kicks in. She feels like her mind and her body are totally separated from each other. It's god damn painful.

She looked down to see a man has his head lay down on the bed, his hand intertwined with her like he's afraid of letting it go. It's Yoongi but why is he here?

The door suddenly opened and a woman in the uniform of the nurse approached her. She smiled to Ji Won

"You're awake" The nurse said

"What happened to me?" Ji Won asked

"You got into a car crash a couple days ago. Did you remember that?"

It took Ji Won a few seconds to remember everything happened after she left the building of Yoongi's company. Now everything started to comeback to her.

"How long have I been like this?" Ji Won continued.

"Well, it's about two days but if you say it in hours then around fifty hours. Yesterday you did wake up but your consciousness were not returned yet. Today you make some sort of progress"

"Your boyfriend is always here. It's lucky how both you guys have the same rare blood type. We were so troubled running out of your blood.He saved you"

The word "boyfriend" warms her heart. She didn't correct her.But the fact that Yoongi saved her life, she couldn't take it all in.

"He didn't even rest after the surgery. Yesterday after you woke up, the doctors convinced him to sleep for a bit. He didn't leave you for a moment. He seems like a good guy. It's rare these days"

The nurse grinned at Ji Won while making the comment. She checked the number on the machine and left.

Ji Won shifted her eyes to the man next to her. She struggled lifting her hand up to touch his hair. It means more than just a touch. For the first time, she wants to break the barrier between them. She didn't have enough courage before but in that instant moment.....she knows

When she saw the flash from the car and it was about to crash over her. It's him. She was scared of losing him. The moment she fell on the ground or the moment when she was fighting with the grim reaper in the operation. She want to fight until the end for him.

Yoongi feels her touch in that moment. He didn't know if it was just an illusion or not. He flickered opened his eyes to make sure it's her. Yoongi trailed to reach for her hand. Carefully. He slowly raises his head up and saw Ji Won looking at him with worried eyes. He holds her hand, she didn't push back this time.

"Ji Won" he found it hard to verbalize

Yoongi

It's almost a month since Ji Won's recovert from her accident. He didn't have the chance to visit her often. His schedule is tight recently and it wears him out pretty often. Plus he wasn't sure how to approach her to be honest. But today he came to check her out. A weird feeling lingers in his stomach. He did have a lot of emotion while lying on the bed of the surgery room, dying to know if he could save her life. There are words that he's been concealing under his heart. He wants her to know but now when she's there, alive, he just couldn't find the right moment to put all of that out....

"Please sign in here, sir." The nurse's voice turns him back to reality

"Also please let your girlfriend knows that she needs to comeback every Monday and Thursday for checkup until she's fully recovered"