Chapter 1 - Evolving Towards Humanity

AN: Although this intro is not a part of the main plot, it gives the MC quite a bit of backstory so she is not misunderstood later on, especially her base abilities that work even when magic was too thin.

Within the first realm of the universe, where only trees were supposed to grow new souls, there was a soul that was malformed and can only be described as a unique existence.

This soul was not shaped like a standard soul where there is a point in which everything originates.

No, it was a clustered web of lines interconnected together forming a bond of souls that could only be destroyed by the universe's demise.

This anomaly was not caused by experimentation, but a truly rare coincidence. One of a kind and impossible to replicate because this cluster of souls counted for every soul of a specific type that didn't have a chance to even germinate as an individual in the first realm.

Every soul in this uncountable mass of interlinked souls was of the same origin and kind. If one were to take a step into the first realm and see this being, one would see a singular massive tree.

This tree has been in this location for epochs as even the Creator didn't know what to do with it. Long enough for it to begin to think on a different dimension altogether as a single entity or many, being one of the few souls that still remember the first realm.

It was eventually decided that as a unique being, it should have a unique start that would help it develop its soul. Although the shape of the soul was entirely unique, it could not be supported by a standard body.

--------------- 

I can only recount this part of my memory now as I have just now learned English after Eons.

In the beginning, I was a tree. I could only feel the fresh air that passed over the uncountable number of limbs within a forest of unknown size. I could not see or hear, but I could feel the vibrations that wind had produced as it moved through numerous other trees.

However, that changed. I was changed.

I was thrown into an ocean as a singular cell

I was thrown into an ocean as a singular cell. One of the first cells to be born into this world.

I felt pressure on all sides as I couldn't make heads or tails of what was happening.