My forest, my heart

When I was a little boy, my mother told me a story about a misterious place where the land takes shape of what the person felt. This magical place always was called "My forest", because when someone entered, a beautiful forest appeared in front of that person. Inside there were always sights that reflected the heart of the person; that's why they said "my forest", it was unique for every person. With the pass of time, I grew up and one day I went out for a walk to the countryside. It was a nice walk, the wind blowing softly, the birds singing, even the surface of the water was shining with the sun. I kept walking, without noticing where I was walking to, until the view started to change. Where there was green, trees and water, now there was a wasteland without any life. Scared I looked back just to see now an endless wasteland. In my heart I felt alone, and some tears flowed through my eyes. My strenght started to fade and I sit there, in the wasteland trying to figure what happened.

As I opened my eyes, a forest grew where I was standing. This forest was not here when I closed my eyes before. Could it be the mytical forest of the story? I entered it and this forest was already beautiful. A sweet breeze, a warm light, I felt loved and protectec inside.It gave me a gracious wind, the shadow when it was hot, the fresh air that made me feel better when I was sad and the warm feeling when I was cold. This forest was enormous, full of life, and from one moment to another, it grew and expanded upon the horizon. Inside, I felt happy, like that forest was my home. Inside, I didn't have to worry of anything. I was happy. Then I heard something. Laughs? There was someone inside too? I started looking and to my surprise I saw people coming inside and they waved at me energetically. Those people played with me, laughed with me and I felt for the first time that I belonged to a group where I felt happy and joyful. Soon, the forest was full of laughs, echoes of kids could be heard across the forest, enjoying the time playing. Those echoes could be heard from kilometers ahead inside the leafy forest. Everything was wonderful, but one day, everything changed.

Days passed by and suddenly the forest got silent. I just could hear echoes from those days. I looked and searched in every shadow, in every corner for someone. But everyone was gone, no one had returned and the forest fell in a complete silence. I was alone once more, but this time I had a pain in my heart. This beautiful forest began to transform and it created a nostalgic place. Slowly, the forest started to filled with memories of those happy moments that existed in a distant past and now I only hear the echoes of those days in the carving woods of the dying forest.

My loneliness got stronger every day. Without anyone there, finding just my shadow, I cried day and night, screaming in agony. And then I realized, the forest became a mirror of my heart. While my heart started to wither, the forest began to do the same. The happy, green, lively and safe forest, soon began to transform into a dark, fearful, dangerous forest. A mirror of my heart, this forest was. As my heart dies, so this forest dies.

Now I'm only a ghost of what I was in the past. A ghost of what I could have been. A sad, lonely spirit that walks in this deadly forest, searching for someone, searching for those days when I was happy. The echoes laugh of me, they  are still here, and those echoes of better days still can be heard on this desolated forest. My heart is in pain. My soul restlessly search for a beam of light on this dark place of doom. But I'm alone, in this dead forest.

Soon, just ashes will beleft. The echoes of happiness and joy will disappear into oblivion. This happydream will shortly end. My soul will never find again those happy moments. And, in this crazy search, it will fell on madness. Madness tofind once again those happy moments, those days when I was happy, surroundedwith people that I called... friends.