Chapter 1

Aelia

The wave of nausea caused me to open my eyes. My mouth is so dry and I can't  move my right arm. I slowly open my eyes.

How long have I been sleeping? I ask myself.

Slowing sitting up using me left arm that I had movement of I looked around. I was in what looked like a tower. The room was round and the walls made of stone. I noticed 4 sconces with lanterns light around the circular room. There was a fire place with just coals glowing red. Pulling myself up to rest my back against the headboard of the massive bed. I looked down to see my torso from under my breast down to my waist wrapped in cloth bandages. My right arm was secured to my body by bandages wrapping around my shoulder.

That explains why I can't move my arm.

Where am I?

I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes. I channeled my spirit. I watched myself rise from my physical body. I heard some light foot steps climbing stair.  I followed the voices seeing two young girls. They must be servants wearing matching dresses. The hall way was just a narrow stair casing twisting along the wall of the tower.

"So who do you think she is?" The taller brunette asked. "I don't know but Alpha spends almost every night sitting by her bedside." The blonde girl responds. "Does the Luna know?" They both just look at each other with sad eyes.

I continue to follow them from behind as they make their way up to the room my body was in. I decide to get back before for they do.  I close my eyes again and visualize being back in my body. Opening my eyes and seeing the view from the bed I lay in I quickly lay back down. I deepen my breathing to make it seem like I am still asleep.

Hearing the door creaking open I know it is them.

"For a human she sure does have a weird smell." One of them whispers. I feel the bandages being removed. When they try to roll me to my side my body tenses up. They immediately stop.

Busted

"Go get Martha and tell her she is awake." One says to the other.  I hear the door open and the pattering of running feet. Opening my eyes I see the shorter blonde girl staring down at me. Her eyes were a weird golden color I have never seen before as well as flawless skin and a fit build.
"Where am I? What happened to me?" I could hardly recognize my own voice with how raspy it was.
"It's okay you're safe no one means you no harm. We have been taking care of you for about 2 weeks now not know if or when you'd wake up."

I've been asleep for 2 whole weeks?!?!?

"Where am I?" I repeated trying the sit myself up again but was pushed back down by the girl. I began to breath a bit heavy freaking out. Why is she forcing me to stay? What are they doing to me? How did they find me?

"Shhhh it's okay he will explain everything we just need to have the healer look over you now that you're awake." She said in a soothing voice. 

The door bursted open an older women stepped in after the brunette. She must be the Martha or healer they speak about. From a distance her grey hair and slightly hunched figure made her appear very old and frail but as she approached I noticed her gold eyes and flawless practically wrinkle free skin as well. 

She placed her palms on my chest and whispered a few words under her breath. I felt my body involuntarily inhale deeply. My eyes rolled back and I felt my body jerk. I could feel my spirit leaving my body and just as I was watching from above I was pulled back. I opened my eyes and looked at the healer who had a look of terror.

"How? They were all wiped out over a century ago." I watched her get up and turn to the girls. "Clean and change her bandages. I'll go get the alpha."

After an hour of painful maneuvering my wounds were cleaned and new bandages put on. I kept my eyes closed the entire time not wanting yet to see what my body looked like underneath. I heard them quietly leave. I felt exhausted. I guess it has been a long time since I used my magic.

I closed my eyes and fell into a deep darkness.