Chapter Eight - Before Takeoff

Ana POV -

I walk down the jet bridge, heading towards the entrance of the aircraft. Once again, I feel the euphoric feeling devour my body, it keeps on getting stronger with every step I take.

Upon the entry of the airplane, I was greeted by the very nice and pleasant crew.

"Good afternoon!".

"Hi, good afternoon, " I respond.

I have my boarding pass in my hand, so now, I am looking for a seat that is mine.

"Seat 3A..." I tell myself, within a second I see my seat.

Firstly, I store my carry on in the overhead compartment before sitting down.

As more time passes, more passengers enter and fill up the plane.

So far, nobody has taken a place beside me and I hope it stays that way...

I lay my head back and make myself comfortable before closing my eyes. I take a deep breath, but it was not before I heard the dragging of a carry-on that I opened my eyes.

I look to my right and I see... I see a man in a suit, he looks young, fairly young.

Once he is done shifting his bag at the overhead compartment, I look as his eyes land onto mine

Instantly, the look of his face reminded me of James.

He takes a seat beside me and within seconds I feel a wave of him hit me. His strong cologne... also reminds me of James.

"Sorry for waking you up, " I hear his say to me. He has a deep voice, the voice of a boss, the voice of a person who dominates, causing my hairs to rise.

"It... it's fine..." I tell him, trying so hard not to look at him.

But what he said next made my skin pale.

"You are Ana, right?".

How does he know who I am?...

I don't answer, but I think my face says it all.

"I am sorry, I am probably intruding, let me introduce myself... My name is Liam... My brother must have told you about me, right?"

Brother?... Who!?

"I-I am sorry, I don't know what you are talking about...".

" Oh?... I thought James told-" I interrupt him.

"James?"

"Yeah... your boyfriend, " he replies.

"And you two are brothers?...".

" Yes, yes we are, " he replies with a smile.

Wow... I did not expect that...

"He never told me he had a brother...".