A Farthers Morals

My eyes open to the blinding warmth of the sun peeping through the gaps of the shades, I roll out of bed like the lazy potato I am, hearing conversation coming from outside my room.

Parents are awake. Great.

I went into my bathroom just as I heard my parents conversation turn into an argument, it isn't the first time so I am unphased, at times like these I am greatful for being an only child. If I had siblings I imagine situations would be much worse.

I close the door and connected my music to the speaker. The one thing that I enjoy most is listening to music while also washing away my troubles, it's a great way to relieve stress, singing and dancing, imgining. I jump into the shower, washing away my tiredness and sleep while listening to Miquela- Right Back.

I got out of the shower and put on some comfortable clothing to suit the sunny weather and the plans I have for today.

I have made plans with my friends to have a barbeque at the nearby park that was practically built as a playground for teenagers, with its obstical course like structures and little amount of smaller children and families around

I have made plans with my friends to have a barbeque at the nearby park that was practically built as a playground for teenagers, with its obstical course like structures and little amount of smaller children and families around. It's the spot to hang out that doesnt cost you anything.

My parents are still arguing and I thought I'll give it a minuet before I head out, I would rather not get in the middle of thier heated arguments, it doesn't usaully end well on my behalf.

I collapse on my bed and browse my phone that contained many comments on my Instagram, I don't  mind the attention but, I never thought social media would become my key to a potential career, and a great one at that.

○○○

If_onlyoffical

Liked by sultansultana and others 10 hours ago

10 hours ago

If_onlyoffical If only the world is always this stunning

View all 102 comments

Beach_enthusiast101 You have such talent with a camera! I beg you to take more beach photos! 🤩

Californiagal222 I can only dream having that photography eye! This image is stunning! 😫😍

Yourworstnightmare666 I dont understand what half of these people are on about! Its just a stupid photo!

Ihateppl000 At least she doesnt take photos of herself, I know for a fact she would be ugly af! Hiding behind a stupid camera!

Savagekingslayer_ If_onlyoffial  if only the haters would understand the beauty your images contain! I appricate them and the efforts you put in! Keep it up! 👌🏼❤

○○○

Gotta love the comments, it is such entertainment.

I giggle to myself as I put my phone in my jean pocket and grabbed my purse, camera and skateboard and headed out of my bedroom door. I shut my door only to hear my parents argument on a much higher tone of aggression, I try not to listen to what they are arguing about, but it's  difficult to not listen in. I sit down at the top of the stairs and listened.

"HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME LIKE THAT! While your out drinking your pathetic life away, I'm taking care of our daughter!"

"She wouldn't need taking care of if she got off her LAZY @#$%@#$ ASS AND GOT HERSLEF A REAL JOB!"

"She told you already what her plan is Henry! She is going to start studing at the univeristy in LA for her photography. She is doing really well with her images and has sold many of them for fantastic prices!"

"ARE YOU #%#$@$% ME! SHE SPENDS HER MONEY ON SHIT AND SHE GIVES NO SHITS ABOUT THE BUISNESS!"

Seriously Dad. Your drunk off your feet because I refuse to take over your stupid business? Its not a family heirloom, Its an old mechanic gaurage thats hardly in buisness.

"Henry! You're being pathetic! You cannot expect her to take over a buisness that is failing! She scrapes in more money then you! You want to know what she does with the money? Pays bills for us! Buys us food and supplys! The poor girl never buys herself stuff! Your money that you scrape in goes into drinks that just causes problems!"

Mum starts coughing aggressivly and I sigh with stress. Mum is unwell, she has been for a very long time, we go to the doctors alot and her health isn't  improving espically with all this stress upon her. Dad means well in some sort of state, but he started his large drinking problem after Mum got sick and when I was born. He has blamed me for Mums illness ever since.

I walk down stares to see my Mum grabbing a glass of water and Dad sitting at the counter with his fists clenching tightly. I walk over to the front door hoping to be unoticable but, its hard for anyone in this family to go unoticed.

"Emberlyn wait."

My Dads voice lowered. I've always  hated my birth name, alot of my friends dont know my birth name. I spin round with a smile trying to be as causal as possible.

"Hey Dad, sorry, I got to go I am having a barbeque with my friends down at the park, I'll be back in no time. I promise."

"Emberlyn I said wait."

His tone tensions and I walk over sitting next to him in scilence. Mum looks at Dad angrily and I wait for him to speak.

"I am warning you girl. If you do not find a job before the end of this summer, I am kicking you out! I don't  care about your pathetic photos! It is not a real job! Get it through your head girl!"

I felt his hand collide with the side of my face and I bury my face in my arms as it burns. I look up to see Mum, she can fight back but she gets so scared of him, thats why she hasn't  left. This is the first time he has hit me, but I refuse for this behaviour to continue. I got up and ran out the door hearing Dads screams from inside the broken house for a broken family.