Chapter Two

Aric
Finally the day I've been waiting for finally came. My sixteenth birthday. Father had decided that when I was was eighteen that they would let me go up to the surface not that I was obedient but I just felt I wasn't ready to have a see the surface.

All my sisters had been excited about my birthday and even planned a wonderful celebration. Attina who was like the mother figure after our mother passed away had come to get me ready for my own birthday which was not something I was surprised about.

I got so bored trying staying here and decided to go explore the sea. I swam to the place where my best friend Flower, a nice friendly fish with blue fins and yellow body was passing by.

"Flower let's go exploring." I insisted but she gave me that disapproval look.

"There's no way I'm going with you Aric. Last time we did, I almost got eaten by a crocodile." She explained as I rolled my eyes.

"But your still alive so let's go." I demanded then started swimming off the sea then I turned to see flower beside me.

We went pass the borders that my father never wanted me to cross but that was where most of the land walkers known as humans kept their treasures. I kept on swimming till I found a wrecked ship at the bottom of the ocean and swam up to it.

I entered their to see all sorts of tools and things the humans used. I saw something that was big and black with black and white keys. I pressed it and it produced a beautiful sound making me to flinch before I gently pressed on it and played a note as I hummed to it.

Flower swam past me as she admired the things she had never seen in Atlantica. I swam to something round where I saw something shiny on the round table. I took it and then admired it as I called out flower who looked at the cold shiny thing in my hand.

"Aric what is that?" Flower asked as I thought of what it could be.

"I don't know Flower. What do you think the humans use it for?"

"Well I don't know but I wanna leave here."

I took the shiny thing and brushed my hair as I enjoyed the feel of it on my red hair. I took a bag I saw and placed it inside as I took some other things I found beautiful.

Flower was talking about leaving as she stepped back then I felt the environment getting scarier and darker before I looked at Flower then widened my eyes when I saw a predator. A shark.

"Uhm Flower. SWIM!" I shouted just in time as I and Flower swam at our fastest speed in order to avoid the shark from getting us.

The shark caused us around the ship as we used the doors to protect and hold it back for sometime to escape. I was terrified but at the same time excited about the chase.

We swam around trying out best not to get eaten then as we were trying to use one of the windows to escape, Flower got stuck as I pushed her while the shark kept on trying to break the door down. I looked at the door then back at Flower before I pushed and she was finally free.

I was about to escape when I noticed the small bag that I held was not in my hand and on the broken floors, lying around. The shark had already busted the door but I couldn't get that shiny thing off my mind and then dived back to get it.

I and the shark swam at our fastest speed but I was faster and caught the bag before I swam out the window making the sharks head to be stuck through that window. It had stopped struggling when it couldn't break free and then I smiled in victory then swam away slowly.

"Come on Flower let's go." I said then swam away but Flower remained and decided to scold and mock it.

"You ought to be ashamed yourself. Didn't your mother teach you not to mess with merfolks. Serves you right." Flower said then blew raspberries on its face before the shark roared chasing Flower to me.