𝟐|partners

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Once Luce was ready and had had breakfast, she met with her sister and they headed downstairs to catch the train to school. Valerie, being Valerie, was out of bed early, dressed, bag packed, and waiting patiently for her younger sister.

As usual.

"You know, you should really try setting an alarm," the older McClair suggested as the two got off of the train.

Lucille laughed as she hitched her bag up higher on her shoulder, "I did. I was up earlier than you. I'll never understand how you get ready so much faster than me."

"It's a talent," she smiled with a shrug.

The girls entered through the doors of Midtown Tech and began to walk the halls. The girls' parents always said that Valerie and Lucille had been joined at the hip since the younger was born, joking that we were conjoined twins and not just siblings. Valerie was two years older than her sister, but it never felt like it.

The two were best friends, and Luce knew that neither of them would want it any other way. Walking down the halls, the youngest McClair noticed someone waving at her from not too far away. Although the sisters were close, Valerie and Lucille didn't share the same friendship group, meaning that this is where they said goodbye and went their separate ways. Luce then bee-lined over to her friends, giving them all a quick hug hello.

Aria twirled her blonde and pink hair around her finger, giving Luce a quick run-down of her weekend. Luce had met Aria Young when she started middle school. Aria never tried to stand out, but always held her ground when it was something that meant a lot to her; it was something Lucille admired about her.

Beside her stood Calvin Foster Greene, who was on the football team. He preferred to go by his middle name, Foster. 'Calvin Greene' was his father's name also, and Foster decided to separate it from himself as much as possible when his father separated from his mother. His mother kept Greene as her surname also so that the boys wouldn't feel like they were disconnected from her. Now he only ever saw his father when they went back to Australia on school holidays.

Besides Luce, Foster was probably Aria's best friend. Foster had been Luce's friend the longest, the two having met back in primary school after he moved from Melbourne, Australia. They'd been friends ever since. He then met Aria at the same time Luce had.

You wouldn't guess at first glance that he played football because he was average height and more on the lanky side, but Luce always thought that this worked in his favour because the other team didn't expect him to actually be one of Midtown's best players. He wouldn't admit to it, but Luce was also ninety-five per cent sure that he had a crush on Aria. This was unfortunate, because Aria didn't seem to feel the same way.