Sixteen: Quinn/ Storm

Quinn 

My eyes darted towards the runner on first, who just looked like he was going to be a problem. I then looked back towards Pika who was waiting my signal on the mound. When he threw a fastball and the runner took off, I instantly caught it before standing up and throwing towards second base. Jake caught it with ease and tagged the runner out, ending the game.

"Yes!" Pika yelled before running over and hugging me. "Great throw man."

The rest of the team jogged over and patted my back, as I laughed and wiped off my sweaty forehead. Owen basically tackled me into a hug before Jake jumped on his back. "We won!" Jake said as his hat flung off his head and landed onto Owen's shoulder.

"Quinn, your arm is sick!" Owen said before we all slowly started wandering into the locker room.

Once we were less sweaty and smelly, the four of us wandered into one of our favorite restaurants and slid into a booth. We were all laughing and having a great time until our waitress came over and smiled at Owen. She was basically eye raping him and he was living for it.

"You guys from campus?" She asked but really only looked at Owen. She flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder as she seemed to push her boobs together. Was that supposed to be attractive?

"Sure are." His big brown eyes looked up at her as Jake started rolling his eyes. "How about you?"

The girl smiled before she said, "Sure am. You guys doing anything after this?"

"Depends, are you free?"

I couldn't help but laugh as Jake fake gagged. "I sure am."

"Mm great."

His eyes followed her as she sauntered back towards the front, shaking her ass in the process. "She didn't even give us menus," Jake grumbled as Pika and I laughed. Luckily she came back soon and gave us all menus, winking once again at Owen.

"Do you always get this kind of attention from women?" Pika asked as another girl walked by our table and smiled at him.

I glanced over at him; I mean he was pretty attractive. He had dark hair that was nicely cut, big brown eyes and random freckles by his ears. He was a lot taller than I was, and always smelled really good. No wonder all the girls liked him. When I glanced over at Jake he was also looking at Owen, until he noticed my staring and quickly looked back down at his menu.

"Eh I guess," Owen said with a shrug. "Is it bad that I'm kind of used to it by now? I mean I like girls yeah, but no one has ever stood out to me before. I've gotten pretty good at a one night stand." When we were all quiet he instantly put his hands up in a surrender position before quickly saying, "But not that much. I'm not that big of a hoe."

I giggled when his face was slightly turning red before he hid it behind his menu. When the waitress finally came back, she instantly started asking Owen for his order before boredly looking over at Pika and I. Before she could walk away Owen's deep voice said, "Hey, you forgot about my friend." When she turned back around she glared over at Jake and sighed.

By the time she left Jake was glaring back at her also, Owen shoving him in the shoulder to cheer him up. Our meal was pretty good, but the company was so much better. The four of us had actually gotten pretty close recently and man, it was so nice to have friends. We'd meet up before practice and after sometimes, playing PlayStation and eating junk food. So far college was actually really fun, and really helped get my mind off of the summer. There were still times that I felt weird about being happy, because I definitely wasn't over Storm. But seeing the friendly faces of my new friends really helped.