The Speech

I stepped into the heart with the wind brushing through my hair and tears welled in my eyes. He held my hands tightly and looked me in the eyes. When I looked into his, I didn't just see him, I saw my tomorrow and my future for the rest of my life. When I looked into his eyes, I didn't see perfection. I didn't see a love story that would necessarily be something people would watch on a big screen and dream about. I saw someone who would fight for me and protect me and love me in spite of all the ways I am still a wreck.

"You're amazing," I said breaking the eye contact with a little sub as a few strands of hair fell in front of my face. He lifted his hand and tucked it behind my ear. Without wasting a second more, he started,

"Chloe, I just want to thank you for coming into my life. You just mean so much to me, Chloe. You moulded me into the man I am today... I am so thankful for you Chloe. And you fill my heart with so much joy and happiness and love and... it'll take me an entire eternity to tell you how much I love and appreciate you. You're my world, my whole universe, Chloe. I promise baby, I promise, that i'll spend this lifetime being truthful to you, protecting your heart and loving you unconditionally with every last breath of my body. My heart will always and forever be at your service."