Moonlight

The next day Jesse woke up without interference, no tapping of pebbles or knocking at his window, he kind of missed being woken, as strange as that sounds, at least he wouldn't have to deal with that strange feeling in his stomach today and he might finally get that work done, no more procrastinating. Jesse spent the next few hours working on his built up school work, hopefully he can finish this today so that by the time he gets more he would have had plenty of time to spend with Jack, why was he always thinking of Jack? They hadn't even said they were friends yet, they just hung out a few times, but still Jesse couldn't stop thinking about him, and he hoped that Jack was the same.

By the time he realised that he still had work to do he had spent hours thinking about Jack and so he worked twice as fast to get this work done today. And so he worked and worked for hours and once he was finished it was dark outside, at least he was free tomorrow when Jack comes knocking, if he comes knocking that is. And just as he finishes that thought he hears a familiar tapping at the window and he looks up to see Jack's face looking in at him, hopefully glad that he was done working so that they could explore again tomorrow, secretly Jesse was kinda hoping that Jack had spent all day waiting for him to finish work so they could hang out. Jesse looked up to see Jack was talking, had he been ignoring him and thinking of him, that's almost ironic in a way. Jesse suggested that he and Jack could sit out on the roof just outside his room and talk more, he didn't want to get in trouble from his dad. But in reality it's because Jesse wanted to see Jack in the moonlight again, he remembers the first time he saw Jack, under the trees outside his window reading under the stars, the moonlight catching his eyes and making them shine, he needed to see that again but he wasn't sure why.

And so they sat there until the early hours of the morning talking about anything and everything under the moonlight, Jesse treasuring the way Jack's eyes looked and burning them into his memory. But eventually the moon began to go down and the moonlight was fading and so was the glow in Jack's eyes so Jesse decided it was time they went to bed, and once again for the fourth night in a row he fell asleep dreaming of Jack.

Sorry this one is short, it's kinda a filler chapter but hey at least I updated, I'll see you again tomorrow with probably another filler chapter as I'm on family holiday atm. Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it