1

When a man and a woman fall in love... You know the story, right? Well, this story is nothing like that at all. 

      In a kingdom that is unknown to man, there lived a powerful demon king and his human wife who ruled over one of the most peaceful kingdoms known. Queen, Luara Jane Carpenter, had found out that she was soon to have a child. What she didn't know was that it was going to be twins. A boy and a girl. The King was happy but also distraught as he knew what would have to come upon the children once born.

      Each day that had gone by the Queen became more and more thrilled that even after morning sickness she would smile. Alas, she became sick with a severe illness that even the smartest man in town didn't know of. They went searched far and wide for a cure to the sickness for if the queen died so would the children. The king performed a ritual on his wife having her gone through the stages of childbearing faster than any normal human could. Once she gave birth she died as the stages of all of that plus the birth killed her poor young soul.

      The children were healthy! Like planned. The boy was born first and given his name as Joshua-Ronald Elijah Xander. Sure his name was long but it would have been shortened to Jr Elijah Xander and his mother chose the name so his father named him that. The girl was small but healthy and her name wasn't decided yet until one late night her father was feeding her and suddenly. A memory.

"Honey?"

"Yes, dear?"

"If we had a boy... I want to name him Joshua-Ronald Elijah Xander. Joshua after my father and Ronald from your father."

"I like it, but what if we have a girl?"

"Then... I'm not sure... I want you to choose it since I chose the boy's name."

"Alright let us see... Hmm... How about Elizabeth?"

A soft giggle came from the woman, "Do you know how many Elizabeths there are already as princesses?" 

"Alright how about Izzy? Or Queer? Izzy-Queer... A peculiar name for a peculiar girl. I hope she ends up like me."

"A madman?" The woman commented, soft laughter escaping her lips

"Absolutely mad... Izzy-Queer Sky Xander... Sky after your mother... My mother's name doesn't need to curse our poor child's name." 

 "I love it... Darling we're going to be parents..." 

      It was brief but memorable. He knew what happened to his wife and had the will to bring her back before the kids took their first step, grew a tooth, or said their first word. After a few weeks of having the children on his own, with the help of his castle staff, he did it! He got his wife back by deals with angels and devils he delivered her back home. She was in a bit of pain but she was just happy to see that kids made it.

"We had twins... Did you...?" The queen started as she looked at her husband, taking her eyes off of Jr to look at him

"His name is Joshua-Ronald Elijah Xander and the girl is Izzy-Queer Sky Xander... Just like you wanted, " The man whispered as he smiled at her.

      Their life was troublesome with the kids but they wanted to spend as much time with them as they could when work wasn't in the way. There was a problem though each demon-human hybrid child was born a curse. They weren't determined with what it was yet but The king was not going to let whatever it end his children's lives. With this problem set for the future the only way to not let them die to it is to end them personally. He didn't want to do it himself so he made a butler do it out into the woods and bury them

      Days went by and the queen wanted to see her kids, knowing what had happened. She was devested but understood what the reasoning for it was. Weeks soon passed and spring was coming in slowly. Still no children. The queen was depressed and tired of waiting. She stayed in the children's room for nights yearning to hold her son or daughter. Eventually, she passed out from sleep deprivation but later on that same day the kids came back and grew up thereon.