Face Yourself (Chapter 36)

"Red never leaves the stove turned on," Brenton rushes over to the stove to close it. He then turns around to see the mess of a room.

"Oh no," Ava carefully picks up a ring and a green fairy charm. "Coach's ring and necklace..."

"Three pairs of glasses..." Umar's voice trails off as he picks them up.

"Sensei's hat and Hiromi's pin..." Urana picks up those items as well.

Alejandro silently picks up the ponytails that Quill and Rohan use. He also finds Tyler's blond hair on the ground.

All six of them look at each other and instantly ask the house to play the security footage. It shows up as a hologram, but all they see is Kael with his masked face right in the screen.

"Hi guys! Welcome back to my vlog," he waves. "As you can probably hear, we managed to capture some of the most powerful mages on the planet. Pretty cool right? Well, since the identity of the other mages is a spoiler alert, I'll tell you where to find them! All you six have to do is come to Wysteria tonight, but only you six."

"This bastard," Sasha slams her fist against the wall.

"I knew something bad would happen!" Brenton starts pacing, his arms flying everywhere. "We should've come back sooner, for all we know they could be dead! Oh my gosh, and the last thing I said to them was-Damnit!"

Brenton starts crying as he crouches down into a ball.

"How did they even get captured in the first place?!" Urana throws her arms into the air. "Isn't Sensei the Prince of Magic? Was that all just a bunch of bullshit?!"

"Elemental Magic is the strongest natural magic...dragons are stronger than them too..." Umar tries to rationalize the situation.

Alejandro and Ava go over to hug Brenton while the other three try to figure things out. The fire mage heating up, but they hug him anyway.

The wall next to Sasha then turns into ash. "What the fuck?!" Sasha jumps away from it as they're now exposed to the outside. She looks up and finds that the roof is cracked and the pieces starting to fall.

"We need to get out, now!" Sasha grabs onto her friends and pulls them out.

They all jump down the stairs and turn to see the whole house turning to ash. Their eyes widen as they look over at each other.

"Well, isn't that nice of them?" Umar puts his hands on his hips. "They burned our house down..."

"You don't think my fire did that, do you?" Brenton frowns, wiping his eyes, voice cracking.

"No way, you were with us the entire time," Urana shakes her head.

"Guys, this is bad," Alejandro bites his lip. "Everyone's missing and now our house is gone! And we don't even know if anyone is alive and everything isn't going right!"

"We have to go to Wysteria then..." Ava's voice trails off. "We need help. If they couldn't help themselves, how are we supposed to help ourselves?"

"You got a point," Urana nods her head.

"Listen guys, we can't bring help, we know these guys know almost everything about us," Sasha warns. "They'll know we're bringing mages to help. We have to go alone."

"Are you crazy? That's like, the first thing you're not supposed to do!" Brenton points out. "We don't have to listen to them!"

"They have our family, you really willing to bet their lives?" Sasha crosses her arms. "I know how this stuff works, okay? Kael will kill them, you know he will. He doesn't care, it was his goal all along anyway. Why do you think he killed Gwex?" Silence. "Exactly."