Waiting

Oliver's POV at the Party

I stand at the bar in Verdant, where the party is being held. Thea actually did pretty good with it.

Thea told me that Swan Ind.'s was giving a party for the 40th anniversary, and also for Talia's birthday, since the company was established on her birthday.

I was waiting for Elena when someone called me from behind.

"Oliver!"

I turn around to see Daniel, who was dressed in a tux, same as me, except his is grey, mine is black.

"Danny! How are you?" I ask as we briefly hug.

"Great! I didn't know that you came back." he tells me, happily surprised.

"Just got back today." I tell him, truthfully.

"Well, good. We missed you." he says, kindly.

"I missed you, too, buddy." I say with a smile as I clap him on the shoulder.

He smiles. "Have you seen Elena, yet?" he asks me.

"No, not yet." I shake my head as my eyes do a quick scan through the people.

"Well, you don't have to wait anymore, cause she's right there." he says with a smirk before leaving.

I turn and I could've swore that I was seeing an angel.

THIRD PERSON POV

Elena could've easily been mistaken for an angel.

She was dressed in dark royal blue gown that left her shoulders and arms bare, and form fitting on the top. Her hair was down in it's normal beautiful curls, her sapphire earrings complemented her. She didn't have makeup on, she never needed it, and she wore black ballet flats.

Oliver was absolutely speechless, he had never seen anyone look so beautiful. Danny had to agree with him on that, he'd never seen his sister look like amazing.

Elena was looking for Oliver, while trying not to trip on her dress. And she found him, close to Danny, looking so handsome, more than usual. He was in a pitch black suit, shaven, and purely handsome in the lighting.

But she couldn't get to him because of the sudden crowd that surrounded her as soon as she got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Hello? Excuse me, everyone?!" said a voice from the podium that was set up earlier.

Everyone turned to see Oliver Queen speaking. "I am delighted to be here, as I'm sure many of you are as well. All of us are here to both celebrate and honor a great company and person." Oliver started. "So would Elena Swan please come up here and share a few words with us?"

When he finished, everyone applauded and parted a way so that Elena could reach the podium. Oliver started to walk down while she started to walk up, and their hands brushed against each other.

As Elena reached the podium, the applause ended. Not knowing what she was going to say, she started:

"Well, I didn't expect to come up here to speak to all of you, but it doesn't matter.

"As Oliver said, we are here to celebrate and honor a wonderful person. My mother. Many of you know how this company started, but it never hurts to hear a story once or twice.

"My grandfather, Charles Swan, established Swan Industries on my mother's birth and ran the company for 19 years and when he died, my mother ran for 15 years.

"But, then the unfortunate and sudden death of my mother came as a shock to all of us. And in honor of her, I became the CEO.

"It has been six years since then, and I have to say. Becoming the CEO of Swan Industries has been one of the few great experiences that I've had in my life. And I am forever grateful to the people who have helped my brother and I time and time again.

"People such, my hard working board of directors, the amazing employees of Swan Industries, the Lance family, and the Queen family. I don't know how I will ever be able to repay any of you, but I will do the best I can.

"Thank you, everyone, for being the brightest stars that I had when it seemed everything was pitch black."