Part 01

That day he held her really close to his soul for quite sometime,continuously kissing her head and caressing her back . She on the other hand held him so tight that it felt like she would never let him go. His shirt was wet from the amount of painful tears she had shed in that moment.With every whimper she clenched onto him a little tighter than the previous second,burying her head a little more into his chest every time. 

A few moments later  . . 

As she tried to release herself unsuccessfully from his embrace , she looked up at his tearful face with a questioning look.His arms were still tightly enveloped around her body as he looked into her soulful eyes . He moved one of hands slowly to wipe her tears and rearrange a lone strand of hair  behind her ear , his other hand  firm  around her body lost in thought.

Rohit : Thik ho tum ? looking at her intensely 

Sonakshi : nodding gently as she burries her head once again in his chest .Haa . . ab thik hoon!

Rohit  heaves a sigh of relief feeling content having her so close. It was their first hug and conversation ever since Raima had returned back that fateful night when he was about to make her, his forever.  It had attacked him with a complete shock leaving him mentally disabled to even think straight .He had not spoken to her since last night .

Sonakshi : ....Ro ...Rohit ...Looking up at him.

Rohit still not ready to let go, looking back with a questioning look .

Sonakshi : Jaana hai !! Main shot chodke aayi hoon .......Sab wait kar rahe hai!

Rohit looks back at her with a grumpy look,finally loosening his grip around her ,still not shifting his gaze .

Sonakshi : Main tumhe bataana chahati hoon ki us raat mere saath kya hua tha .

Rohot : chodo naa ...Mujhe kuch farak nahi padta .

Looking at Rohit sternly : Mujhe padta hai .Rohit mujhe bataana hai aur tum sunoge! Tum aadha ghanta rukho . Mujhe ek shot deke aana hai!

Rohit nods . Pulling her back into an embrace. 

Sonakshi : in a low soft tone .... Rohit ...... looking at his grumpy face .Khadoos ..ek acchi smile toh de do ,I will be back soon!

With much hesitation he finally lets her go.

Sonakshi : Main tumhaare liye coffee bhijwaati hoon. She slowing moves her hand out of his  slightly pressing it and then gently moves it up to rest on his chest rubbing it slightly for the first time ,reassuring him that she will be back soon and almost asserting that he should hold his calm. He nods .

A few minutes later ....

The scene description - The camera captures and angle from the top : a silent Rohit sitting on the sofa with his hands on his forehead looking down eyes closed . As the camera pans from the top slowly towards his face ..

He recollects how he came in breathing heavily to her till her soulful  eyes just calmed him down .How her hug worked like a therapy on his senses soothing them . He had all his panic buttons totally on ever since Raima entered . He was just not able to complete their journey with a ring , sealing her forever as his and only his . 

Rohit looks up, his eyes still swollen in anxiety to see the minimal setting of the space she spends almost the entire day in . The room had a calm just the way Sonakshi had .It had a simplicity which cried loudly of the user , it had peace. In a lone corner was a bag which had his hoodie peeping out . He smiled  as he moved towards the bag to take the hoodie out to hold it , to feel it . He so badly was missing her and wanted to wear it once to feel her around him .  

A small diary drops down . Looking inquisitively he picks it up . 

As he opens the first page . . 

It read 26th September 2015 .The ink was smudged all over. Obviously she had cried, It sent a prick through his entire body ,as he shuffles through to the last page . It read 26th September 2019 .The ink was smudged all over yet again.

What had he done ? He had loved her so much and today standing in front of that tiny diary , he felt as insignificant and brutal a person as Karan was. He hadn't done much different . He had hurt her the second time , this time with a larger intensity. Yet she stood there in utter calm telling him that she could be his friend if he wanted her to, that she would be there for him.

He felt like a thousands knives piercing through his heart that very moment . His soul lay shattered .His entire existence seemed so worthless . He could not even hold himself strong about what he felt for her in front of his family . He had not been able to protect her dignity . He had ignored her at the hospital and yet there she was , always ready to offer him comfort.

He turned a page backwards with a painful hesitation .It read  . . . 

Today we are going to heal each other in love . After 4 long years we are going to rewrite our lives and convert our pain into happiness. Today I fear nothing  , because I know,I will be loved forever . Pulkit mentioned that Rohit has a surprise planned . I cant wait . . Once I am back I will complete this .  

After a moment of pause he turned the page around once gain , his hands trembling only to see the smudged ink . He had that sinking feeling again , the throbbing in his heart . A lone tear drops from his eyes onto the same page that was smudged merging slowly to create a larger smudge . 

After all this was their pain together .