Prologue

Monica's POV

You never think that something tragic will happen to you like you parents dying when you're only 19. I remember the night I got the call that would change my life. I was hanging out with my two best friends Lilly and Michael at my apartment. My parents were out to dinner for their wedding anniversary.

A drunk teenage driver killed them in an instant. There wasn't much detail about who the driver was, but i know that there name is Zach and they are in jail. I remember being so angry I put huge dents in the walls with my bare hands and sobbed for hours.

That night, I slept in between Michael and Lilly. Except I didn't sleep at all. I stayed up all night and thought about a lot of things.

I blamed the whole thing on myself. For almost a month, I didn't leave the house. I only left for my parents. funeral. Nightmares overtook my nights, and I got little to no sleep.

I quit collage too, it wasn't like I was a good student anyways. I even swore to myself that I'd never drink alcohol ever again after that. My whole life changed.

Before the accident, I was very sociable and I pretty much liked people. Right now, I have no to desire to interact with anyone except my two best friends and grandma. They were the only two people I could actually trust.

I used to have curly blonde hair, but I dye it brown now. I tried to be a different person. Sometimes I try to forget what happened, but I know I never will. I can't escape the past.

Love is what I needed.

Ok hi I really like the story line:)