𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐥𝐲.

you admired the twinkling fairy lights wrapped around the trees in downtown vancouver, the blue sky shining brightly and the reddish-orange leaves rustling in the cold wind.

finn's left hand was intertwined with yours, his right hand resting securely around your body as he held you tightly against his chest. the cotton material of his 'scream' hoodie made your shivering body feel some warmth, the heat not only radiating from the sweatshirt but also from finn's own body. his pale skin was warm against your own, and you cuddled further into him as a slight breeze blew through the air.

through finn's phone, 'big black car' by gregory alan isakov was playing softly in the background. the soft, calming music filled your ears as you and your boyfriend just sat on the green grass in silence, with you admiring the beautiful view of a light aquamarine pond in front of the two of you. leaves were scattered across the surface of the icy blue water, which allowed you to really love the view even more. little did you know, however, that finn wasn't admiring that. he was admiring your effortless beauty, because to him you were the most beautiful thing in the whole wide world. nothing could ever compare to you.

finn watched on as your y/h/c hair blew in the chilly wind, your mustard yellow sweater complimenting your y/e/c eyes. a smile fell onto his face as he heard you let out a small laugh, your hand now squeezing his more tightly. he pulled you closer to him, not wanting this moment to ever end. out of nowhere, however, your boyfriend broke the silence. "y/n?" finn mumbled, his voice just above a soft whisper.

you turned your head so your y/e/c eyes met his mesmerizing chocolate brown ones, "yes?" your soft pink lips curved into a gentle, kind smile, your eyes shining brightly like the shining water in front of you.

god, you're so beautiful. was all that finn could think of at the moment in time. the brown haired boy took a deep breath and smiled warmly, his mind wandering once again to the thought of you. yes, all he could think about was you. you were all he thought about day and night, and he couldn't help it. quite frankly, he didn't mind it. how did i ever get so lucky?

"i don't think i'd be the same person i am today if i hadn't met you," finn admitted, cupping his right hand around your cheek. you could see the twinkle in his eyes from a mile away; he was so happy, and happiness looked gorgeous on him.

"what makes you say that?" you asked, placing the hand that wasn't intertwined with finn's on top of his hand that currently was cupped around your cheek. you were genuinely interested; you hadn't ever really felt confident with yourself, not even with finn.

your boyfriend sighed softly, removing his hand from your cheek, "i just know it. i was sort of lost in the moment of partying and staying out late for a time there and then, boom! i met you. you came into my life and now i want to be the best that i can be. i want to be the best that i can be because you are so beautiful, loving, welcoming and so absolutely perfect. you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. i don't want to be the old finn wolfhard anymore. i very much want to be the finn wolfhard who's hopelessly in love with you."

you turned towards him, and he leaned into kiss your cheek. just like that, the song changed from 'big black car' to 'crazy' by shawn mendes in an instant. suddenly you were up on your feet, your toes rubbing against the soft material of the grass below you. finn placed his arms on your waist, his eyes peering into yours. he looked into your eyes and immediately found his favorite color, all over again. the two of you shared a smile before you wrapped your arms around his neck. the two of you began slow dancing to the song in the background.

"you are perfect, y/n/n. please don't ever forget that." finn told you sweetly, his soft lips connecting with yours. the song continued to play and the two of you continued to sway back and forth in each other's arms.

when the song ended, your boyfriend kissed you again. "i love you so fucking much, finn wolfhard."

"and i love you so much more, y/n y/l/n. i love you, and will continue to love you, endlessly." he whispered. finn smiled back at you, peering into your brightly lit eyes as he felt the entire world disappear from around him, leaving the moment to just the two of you.

after that, there was pure silence that filled the air as finn held you in his arms like he was afraid to ever let you go.