chapter one

"The lutra group of industries " preeta glanced at the board. This was the company who wanted to invest in hers for the Indian collaboration. This was ironic, the lutras who had destroyed her are trying to mend things or did they even knew that she was the owner of the company.
" maam we need to go in " Navin broke her out of her thoughts. She nodded her head and entered inside the building. She thought of instantly cancelling the deal and leaving india but then she did not want to be coward. She had not done anything wrong and she was not ashamed.
She entered the conference hall which was ready for the meeting followed by her team and she saw him.
" Preeta ji " Rishabh exclaimed in shock as he never excepted her to be here standing in front of him.
He saw preeta indicating something to the guy who came forward and started speaking.
" Mr Rishabh luthra, we are glad to introduce our CEO to you Miss preeta arora " Navin spoke.
" it's nice to meet you Mr lutra " preeta greeted him formally and sat on the chair as her team represented her terms and conditions in the offer. He could not stop staring at her, she was same girl whom he had fallen in love with and who still held his brother's heart. The girl who was wronged by his family. The meeting had gotten over and deal was finalized. Preeta was leaving the hall when he had approached her for cup of tea and for his surprise she did not refuse.

Preeta settled herself in the chair and sipped her cup of coffee quietly waiting for Rishabh to start a conversation.
" How are you preeta ji? " he begin the conversation.
" I am fine " she replied casually.

" we searched for you everywhere as soon we got to know the truth. Karan and everyone are guilty and papa was very upset with everyone when he came to know how we had treated you "
" it's fine Rishabh ji. I hope uncle is ok now. It does not matter anymore. I have moved on. I'm happy that the truth is out. Good for you people " she said as if she did not care. Maybe she did not care.
" preeta ji if you Can come to the Mansion anytime you're free. The family will be very happy to receive you. Please I request " Rishabh says earnestly, his eyes hopeful.
Preeta looked at Rishabh in disbelief. He was inviting her to the same mansion where his brother had insulted her. The emotions ran through her and she bit her lips to control it.
" it's very kind of you to invite you Rishabh ji but I'm sorry I can't accept it. I'm in India only for few days and I have many other works" preeta refused very politely.
The bill had come by the time. Preeta had paid her part of the bill and was moving when Rishabh stopped her ,
" are you still angry with us? " he had asked her.
" I'm not but you people are nothing to me other than strangers and it's better to keep that way " preeta replied coldly and walked away without sparing another glance at him.