(38)What a Time To Be Home.

CHAPTER 38

CHAPTER 38

Seven days... that's all that's left. I drop on my knees and my arms fall to my side my acceptance letter still in my grip. Graduation is in five and I leave two days after that. I don't think I can do it. I was supposed to stay longer. Have fun this summer go to the beach... watch sunsets and sunrises.  I just got comfortable on the road and I was going to book my license test for next month. 

There is no way my parents will let me go. I mean, how could they? It's not Harvard or Yale... just some creative arts school I've been dying to go to. They wouldn't allow it. Where would they even get the money for a flight Snow? 

My heart sinks as the disappointment sinks in. I'm not going, I'm going to have to stay right where I am and go someplace else. I blink my tears back and get up placing the letter on my desk.

"I need a run," I say to myself deciding that was the best way to clear my mind.

I've been running a lot lately. It helps me a lot, with the breakup... getting our examination results back... and now this. I even changed my route, I still end up at the park, but it's longer and I don't pass by his house anymore. 

The comforting thing about running is that while I'm running and the wind hits against me I feel like I can finally breathe. The music my phone or nature provides pounds in my ears and I listen. I get home and do a warm down so muscles aren't sore the following day. When I'm done I'm dripping with sweat and I take a lukewarm shower to cool off. I then consume two glasses of water.

I fall gracefully onto the couch or my bed depending on if I feeling having the remote or a book in my hand. Today I'm gonna head to Iyana's old office/room I feel like being creative. I love the feel of a pencil or a paintbrush in my hands.

I head down the stairs and I see my mom in the kitchen on her laptop typing away. 

"I'm going for a jog mom," I say before I leave.

"Okay my angel have fun, but be safe. Look both ways before cro-"

"-the road. Yeah, yeah mom I know. Bye now love ya loads Natty!"

I toss the gate remote to her and get going. My braids are tied back away from my face and I wearing a sponsor tee and shorts. On my feet are the usual Addidas running shoes I always wear.

It's funny how quickly this year went by. I swear it was only yesterday when I helped Bella pick up her books or when I kissed Xander in the cafeteria...all of it just seems so raw... so recent. I don't want to believe that is a year or a few more years I won't even remember it.