page one

Jayden's pov

**READ THE A/N AT THE END WHEN YOU FINISH READING THE WHOLE CHAPTER**

****

I sit on the bathroom floor, sobbing with my knees pressed tightly to my chest and my back against the wall.

There's a knock.

"Go away," I mutter.

"Honey?" My mom knocks on the door, calling to me.

"Leave me alone."

"Can I come in?" she asks quietly.

I shrug as if she can see me through the door.

The door creaks open to reveal Mom trying to fake a smile.

She sits beside me and puts her arm around my shoulders.

"It's okay," she tries to comfort me.

"No," I shake my head quickly, "it's not."

Neither of us say anything else until the door opens, after about 10 minutes of awkward silence and me sobbing, to reveal Ashton; my best friend.

"Hi," he slightly fake smiles.

"Mom," I turn to her, "can we be alone?"

"Sure," she stands up to leave.

Ashton sits beside me and pulls me close to him with his arms around my waist.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He tries to help.

I shake my head.

"He's gone, ashton!" I'm crying so hard now that I can barely breathe. "He's gone and he'll never be back and I'll never see him ever again!"

He shushes me quietly. "It'll be alright," he hugs me close to his chest.

"No it won't. I wish everyone would just stop saying that because it won't! He's dead, he's gone!" I cry even harder.

He rocks back and forth with me in his arms for a few minutes.

I look up at his face.

"Can you sing," I croak, "to me?"

His voice always calms me down.

"Sure," he faintly smiles.

He starts to sing and soon my breathing slows a little and I'm not crying as hard.

He kisses the top of my head and leans against the wall with me now in his lap and my head to his chest.

**READ AUTHOR'S NOTE**

****

A/N:

so if you're confused; you should be. but I'm here to explain okay here it comes:

so, basically, Jayden(main female character)'s boyfriend (Dustin) just died (from cancer) so she's depressed (not just sad; depressed) about it and is sobbing in her bathroom floor. then Ashton (yes, Irwin. her best friend) comes to comfort her and shit (sings to her and that).

Okay, now you know what's happening. Hopefully, you understand it all now but if you don't, just comment questions and I'll reply with answers:)

okay thanks for reading this and ilya

oh and also, luke comes in later in this fanfic so just be patient.

~hannah. XX