Chapter 4

My drawings of Grayson and Rose

~~

Grayson walked in, looking dirty and tired. I smiled sadly, patting the empty spot on the couch beside me.

"So, how was your first day at work?" I asked.

"How does one upgrade to being a waiter?" He asked. "Dishwasher sucks. I don't want to sit on the couch, I'm dirty. I'm gonna go shower. Could really use some alcohol right about now, you have any?"

"Unfortunately I am keeping a dry house," I said. "In case you're forgetting, I do have a bun in the oven."

"Right, right, sorry," he muttered. "I'm just tired. I still need to do my homework. You know what, gameplan. I am going to take a shower, make a sandwich and then bust out my homework. I can bust this out. Just need to energize myself. Gotta get myself up there. You can do this, Grayson, you've got this. You're the man! Whoo!"

He went to the bathroom and I heard the shower start up. I laughed to myself, going back to doing my physics homework. I laughed even more when I heard him singing in the shower. And I'm pretty sure the neighbors next door would be giving a noise complaint because Grayson is not a good singer at all.

"You know, I'm pretty sure half the neighborhood could hear you," I said when the bathroom door opened after the shower stopped.

"That's the point, one day someone's gonna hear me and is gonna sign me to a label and I will get rich and famous," he said.

"Yeah, good luck with that," I snorted.

I looked over and blushed when I saw he only had a towel wrapped around his waist. We've gotten used to seeing each other in our underwear but it was still a little shocking sometimes. I'm not sure why, we've seen each other in a lot less before.

"I ran out of shampoo, I hope it's okay I used a bit of yours," he said. "It smells so good, though. I might just start buying lady shampoo now because damn I smell like a strawberry cupcake. I don't want this smell to ever end."

"Get dressed, cupcake boy, you need to do your homework," I said.

"That is not gonna be a new nickname," he said, pointing at me before heading back to the bedroom.