Introduction

Once upon a time, I was a nobody. I had no one to play with, no parents and no friends. I was alone all my life. Well if a stuffed animal counts then I have one friend.

I've been eating my lunch in the bathroom at the orphanage. I go into this one stall where I made a secret tunnel that leads to my hideout, so when people chase me and try to beat me up I have a place to hide. Wait, where are my manners my name is Jennifer Ruiz, and this is my life.

Today Seth, the popular boy, pushed me and called it flirting, so I spit on his face and ran. He chased me into the girls' bathroom, I ran into my stall and hid. But luckily he didn't find my hiding spot, because if he did I would have been dead meat. 

After he left I heard a sound. Someone was in the stall. I was afraid they were going to fall in. I heard the voice, it was Allison Lopez. She wasn't popular at all, she was plain old boring. She had no friends to talk to but her self. I mean I don't even do that. But she was lonelier than me.

Well, she could have made a hiding spot like me. But I forgot she just came to the orphanage. I've been here for about two years now. But she could have started to work on one, you know, so she has somewhere to go, like me.

My secret hiding spot is awesome now only because my teacher, Ms. Lombard, would give me a gift every day. She'd give me a mini fridge, a little stove, food, snacks and many other things I wanted. I liked Ms. Lombard better than my stuffed animal, sorry Ryder. So now I have two friends Ryder, my stuffed animal, and Ms. Lombard. I talk to Ms. Lombard every now and then. But the only reason she gives me this stuff is that she knows how I feel and I'm not like any ordinary student, I go above and beyond. I'm in 10th-grade learning college stuff and everyone else is learning the normal 10th-grade work.

Ms. Lombard helps me after class. She takes me to her room and helps me with my college work.  I only wanted to learn college stuff so I could be out of school because Ms. Lombard said that if I pass the big college test I could teach with her and then I don't have to be a student. But I wanted to be a lawyer, but that's too tough so I am going to see if I could be a teacher in two weeks...