Chapter 1

I remember the day like it was yesterday. Of course, getting your leg ripped off by a shark and almost dying isn't exactly something you would forget so easily.

It was supposed to be a fun family trip to the beach with my father and my sisters. After around an hour of swimming, my father called us in for lunch. I was a little farther out than I originally intended to be, so I began making my way to the sand. And that's when disaster struck.

I felt something swish past my leg so fast that it caused me to move back an inch from the force. My heart rate slowly picked up and my breathing quickened. I stopped for a moment, treading water and looking around. Suddenly, I was jerked downward, my chin touching the surface of the ocean.

Pain became evident at the top of my thigh, multiple sharp "objects" cutting into my skin. By the time I realized what was happening, it was too late.

"HEL-" I was cut off when I was dragged under water. I clawed all around me, screaming into the abyss of the sea. I looked down, barely making out a large form with big, black, beady eyes. My vision began to fade as red curled up from my wound, staining the water.

In a last attempt of survival, I reached my hand down and jabbed my finger into its eye, pushing it back into the socket. It clamped down harder and as it tried to swim away, it ripped my leg clean off. The beast fled and I was left sinking, blood swaying around me.

Until a hand grabbed onto my arm and pulled me up towards the surface. Though I wouldn't have known where I was at the time due to the numbness of my body and the lack of my vision.

I was pulled onto shore, a large puddle of blood pooling around me. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was my sisters crying faces and my father shouting something into the phone.

My throat closed up and tears spilled from my eyes. I quickly wiped them away, sniffling a few times before I got ahold of my mental state. I was okay now. I was okay.

It was the first day of school. I had transferred from Camelot highschool to Liones highschool. My father had been given a job opportunity as the principal, so we moved, causing me to move schools in the process.

My great great grandfather created the school, and after my grandfather retired, he had my father take over.

I attached my prosthetic to where the small nub of where my leg used to be was. My right leg was severed from a quarter of my thigh, leaving not much of my thigh left.

I pulled on my pants over the prosthetic and threw on my white shirt, tucking it into my blue pants. I put on my blue blazer over it with a sun, moon and stars crest on the left side of my chest.

Normally girls would wear skirts and stockings, but I didn't want anyone to see my prosthetic. I let my hair fall over my shoulder, complimenting my blue eyes, well, one of them being covered my my bangs.

I grabbed my backpack and walked down the stairs, waving to my sisters at the dinner table.

"Good morning, Ellie," Margaret greeted. I smiled at her as she reached across the table to grab my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze before letting it fall back to my side.

"Morning," I replied, sliding into my seat where a plate of bacon, eggs, toast and orange juice was waiting for me. Veronica was sitting next to Margaret, stuffing her face with breakfast.

"Mowning, Ewwie," she managed with a mouthful of eggs. I automatically translated what she said as "Morning, Ellie".

"Morning, Vero," I spoke. Veronica was the one who had pulled me to the surface, her being extremely athletic and what not. Thank god she was on the swim team. She was starting as a Senior and I was a Sophomore. The incident happened when I was in eighth grade.

I began to eat my breakfast while we chatted about, laughing and almost choking on our food a few times. Margaret was our school nurse, my father wanted our family to be close at all times. They had gotten very overprotective of me since the shark attack and honestly, I couldn't blame them.

By the time we were done eating, it was time to go. We all piled into Margaret's car and we sped off to school. Margaret went into school before us while Vero and I took our time. She placed an arm around my shoulder and I leaned into her.

I was completely comfortable walking with my prosthetic now which I was thankful for. But I still wasn't permitted to do PE, courtesy of my father. We walked in sync, her rubbing my shoulder for reassurance which I appreciated.

"Your gonna do just fine today, Ellie," she told me. She pulled me into a bone crushing hug and I nodded into her neck. When we separated, she gave me one last loving smile before sprinting off into school, most likely to make some new friends for a new school year.

We were both starting fresh, which was good. Our redemption, a second chance. I took a deep breath, clenching the straps of my backpack and stepping into the courtyard.

Tenth grade, here I come!

Hi.
So- um... I really don't know what this is. Just another random idea that crossed my mind which I decided to stretch into a story cuz why not? I'm sorry, this story is probably going to be terrible. But I hope you enjoy it anyways. I'll see you guys later!

Bye!