Chapter 15: Sick Day

Y/N's P.O.V

Y/N wasn't feeling too well today. They had just had a concert a few days ago, and you must've caught something from someone in the crowd.
Omar came in with a bowl of soup.
"Hey..." He walked over to her and sat the soup down on the dresser.
"Hi...sorry for getting sick." She looked down, making a soft sigh.
"It's okay...it's just a cold...I'm sure you'll be better in a jiffy.
He paused, and then hesitated. You had noticed.
"What is it, Omie."
"...You being sick bothers me. What if you have more than a cold...? The dreams I'm having are seriously making me paranoid..."
You felt sympathy for the way he felt. You put a hand in his lap and pat his leg.
"Aw c'mon, Omar. You're letting anxiety get to you. And to think, I thought I was the one who had anxiety."
She made a small chuckle, making him chuckle softly.
"You know how to stay positive, even when sick" He smiled.

"And you don't?" You teased, pinching him and making him squirm. He shook his head.
"Before you met me again, I was going through a dark time. I'm really struggling, even with the dreams. I feel so alone, and I'm scared to lose you..." His eyes had darkened, and he looked away.
"Awww Omie..." You sat up in bed and gave him a hug, making him tense.
"I'm here now...you don't have to worr-" You began to cough hard, heaving just a little.
"Are you okay?!" Omar put his hands on your shoulders, looking you in the eye with a serious expression.
"Y-Yea...don't worry...I-" You coughed harder, every cough came with a shudder. You looked up at Omar, who looled like he was about to cry.
'He really cares...' You thought to yourself. He had tears at the corner of his eyes.
"O-Omar...? It's just a cold..." He shook his head, wiping his eyes.
"Y-Yea...I'm sorry...Maybe I care too much..."
You felt more sympathy and smiled, "There is no such thing as too much care, Omie. You're just doing your best."
You looked over at the soup on the desk and suddenly had a flashback.
~~~

"Y/N!!!" Omar, a small boy, ran over to your bed.
"Omar! You're here!! How did you get here so fast?"
"I ran as faaaast as I could!! I was like Sonic the Hedgehog!" He smiled and then frowned.
"Are you gonna be okay, friend? What can I do for you?"
You just shook your head. You had caught pneumonia and were bed ridden. You had not been to school for three days.
"Don't worry, Omie. Dad has given me my daily dose of medicine. I'll be strong before you know it."
This made Omar's eyes glitter and he smiled,
"Will we be able to play again???"
His high pitched, curious voice lade you chuckle.
"Let's hope so." You coughed.
"Oh! You're coughing! Hold on, I got something warm for you!"
He had a backpack that he took to her house in case he wanted to spend the night.

He grabbed a bowl of Ramen out of the backpack and handed it to you.
"I gotcha Oodles of Noodles! It's the kind from the store that you always liked! Here, I gotcha a fork, too!"
He shoved a fork into your lap. His generosity always made you smile, even if he was cheeky and dorky about it. He looked down and shuffle his feet against the floor.
"So I guess Imma have to go, right...?" He frowned.
"It would be better. I promise you we will have time to play."
"Are you sure, Y/N?" His eyes were round and pleading.
"As sure as I'll ever be. Now, you go along before Dad gets upset at you being around me. I don't want you to get sick either, and neither does he."
You pat his head.
"O-Okay! Well umm, see ya around!" He bounced out of the room, and you lay back, enjoying your Ramen noodles.
~~~

You shook your head. You were back in the present.
"You were mighty quiet and staring at that soup for sometime. What were you thinking about...?" Omar asked, tilting his head.
"Oh...it's nothing, Don't worry."
Omar looked her dead in the eyes.
"Don't tell me it's nothing, Y/N. When you do that, I know it's something."
He put his hand on your shoulder, which made you warm and trusting.
"Okay...I'll confess." You rasped, "I may or may not have had a flashback of you coming over when I had pneumonia."
You went into detail about what he had done, and his eyes widened.
"...You...remember that..?" He was in disbelief.
"How...what..? We were like, 9 years old back then. It meant that much..?"
You nodded in response and smiled,
"Even the smallest efforts of generosity make a big difference, Omie."

He smiled and suddenly embraced you. This made you tense up a little, but you secretly didn't want him to let go. As they hugged, the bus came to a sudden jolt, making them both jerk. Now Omar was laying on top of her, but he got up, laughing nervously.
Before he could say anything, Esai bust into the room.
"Hey Omar," He huffed.
"You're gonna wanna see this."
~~~

"What do you mean we are outta gas?! Didn't you charge it last night?!"
David snapped at the bus driver.
"Look, I thought I did. I must have not done so."
All the boys were huddled around the driver. You were in the doorway, quietly watching.
"Well what are we gonna do?! You have a concert soon, and we aren't even out of Texas!"
A lanky man with Black and wheat colored hair argued.
You didn't know his name. You met him, but their names were easy to forget. Esai spoke, "Guys, we may be in a jiffy, but we need to stay calm. Hold on-"
The boys became silent. Esai pulled out his phone and went to Google Maps.
"Since we are going to Spain soon..." He was tapping and pulling the screen.
"I might as well find the nearest airport..."
This made the boys surprised.
"Why didn't we think of this?" J-Kwe$t spoke out.
"I don't know, but I think we are saved!" David breathed.

"Wait." Omar suddenly blurted.
"What is it now?" David snapped, clearly still not happy with Omar.
"Y/N is sick. I don't know if she will be able to make the trip. Esai, how long is it walking distance wise?"
Esai looked back down at his phone.
"It's at least...a mile and a half away. Not too hard."

"Hmm...I'll ask her." Omar turned away and ran to thr bunk room.
"Y/N."
"I already know." You spoke softly. "Go on without me. I'll join you later."
"No!" Omar wailed a little, his eyes glistened with sorrow.
"Omar. I'm not gonna leave ya. Tell ya what, if you can get a vehicle from the airport and come back to the bus, I'll be able to go with ease. Sound like a plan?"
You saw Hesitation in Omar's eyes, but he sighed and nodded.
"Okay. I'll tell them. Be ready while we are gone, okay?"
You nodded, "I will. Now you go tell them."
Omar was already walking out.
"Alright!"

Author's Note: Hey I'm alive!! Sorry for the slowness and randomness of my chapters. And also, since I'm still new, I barely know the bandmates names so I'm sorry! Thank Y'all for still sticking around and liking this fic. Oh and, Feedback and ideas would be epic! Have a good day!