Chapter 5

J's POV

I still had a clear recollection of the events from last night and I can't stop from smiling nang maalala ko yong mga nangyari kagabi.

I thought of Deanna and the talk we had. Her amused facial expression everytime I said something she'd agreed later on, or when that thick eye brows seems to go up and down or join together from time to time. The comfort she brings, and the connection that I felt when we were engaged in a deep conversation.

I hardly notice the subtle way she stares at me sometimes. She would look away and I'd wait for that moment when her gaze returns to me and I'd held it. As if I am too much interested in whatever it is she's going to say next. In which I am.

Although I find her masungit at first. The way she interrogated me when she ask me about Bea. The part where I confessed Jho and I are friends and that Bea is courting her, her features softens and even apologizes for her rudeness.

She is totally honest and funny and curious, I just find myself hoping we could talk again. I never had a talk like that in a long time and it rarely happens that I meet someone who doesn't find me weird.

She is sweet too. I remembered when she offered me her helmet and help me with it. I remembered our motorcycle ride, how she keeps encouraging me that it's going to be okay and that she got me.

The fact that I completely wrapped my arms around her instead of just holding on to her side or her shoulders. She never said a thing about it, she never complains like it's fine for us to be so close like that when in fact we just met.
She even walked me up to my room before she went on to hers. How sweet her smile is when we said our good nights.

I hope we could be friends. Living in one building, the possibility of bumping into her somehow excites me.

I get off the bed and did my rituals. I still had a lot of fixing up to do here in my unit. Hindi ko natapos ang pag aayos kahapon since nag punta nga ako sa bistro.

I thought of whipping up something to eat pero naisip ko later nalang pagkatapos ko mag ayos. Hindi pa naman ako gutom. Para rin masimulan ko na ang pag aayos ng mga gamit.

3 hours tops and matatapos ko na to. I started with the curtains sa living room, after that I changed the throw pillow covers ng couch. I moved the furnitures to its desired position kung saan magandang tingnan and an hour has passed natapos kong ayusin ang living room.

Next thing na ginawa ko ay i-unbox ang mga books ko. Sa lahat ng mga gamit ko dito ako pinakanahirapan. Ang dami ba naman at ang bigat. It took me almost an hour separating each books according to its color, and another in putting it sa shelf.

Nang matapos ko lahat saka lang ako nakaramdam ng gutom. I decided na maligo nalang at sa labas na kumain para makapag grocery narin ako pag-uwi ko.

A short shorts, a shirt, and sneakers and I'm done. Limabas na akong unit and went to the elevator.

Hindi naman ako masyado naghintay dahil bumukas na ito. Not long before ako sumakay ay bigla itong nag stop. I didn't mind the person na sumakay dahil busy ako sa phone. Napaangat nalang ako ng tingin nang bigla itong magsalita.

"Goin' somewhere?" That's when I noticed na si Deanna pala ang sumakay. Tsk sayang. Hindi ko tuloy nalaman kung anong floor sya. I thought. Naka short din sya today and an under armor shirt. Hmm. Papi.

"Yeah! Going out for lunch." I answered.

Bitbit na naman nya yung guitar case niya, naka backpack siya and a helmet on the other hand.

"Ahhh. I see." And then there's silence.

Ang awkward na naman ng atmosphere namin. And parang ang tagal naming makaabot sa ground floor.