Chapter I - Till We Meet Again

The sun is shining brightly, the wide blue sky, fluffy white clouds, and a heartbeat faster than a normal human. It wasn't very good weather for a certain yato.

Tomorrow, a vermillion haired girl was leaving her second home, earth. All bird has to fly, walking out of their nest. And this time, it was her turn to leave. She was rather well known to Edo citizens and her parting day would be full of sorrow, or maybe a little relieve to others.

Her well-known rival, a sadist, unfortunately, didn't know. Well, at least that's what she believed. Her departing was big news to Edo's citizens, and of course, he knew. It wasn't a surprise, her leaving earth was to be expected.

Kagura is on her way to the Shinsengumi compound. Her mind filled with excuses to explain for her unexpected visit.

"Maybe I should say that anego sent some her daily burnt eggs, " she mumbled. Yes, Otae had been sending the gorilla some of her burnt eggs to keep him away from stalking her. It didn't really work though.

"Ah, but I don't have it right now. Maybe..." Then the thought of her thinking hardly came flowing through her mind. It wasn't really like her to think this much. 'If Gin-chan was here, I would be a laughing stock,' she thought.

She dropped by the park to cool her head off. She got used to going to the park when she's sad. It was her playing yard, a place to hang out with her friends, and the most important thing is it was her fighting place with the sadist. Sometimes, maybe a little more than that, she waits for his appearance.

Picking a fight with him was her biggest joy in life. The chance to look at his handsome looking face, to talk with him and the best part is that no one will know about her little crush towards him cause all the fights and insults they each gave.

But this time, her intentions were different. She's going to say her farewell to her eternal rival and love. 'Maybe I should slip in some fight in it to make it natural.' Her awfully crowded mind interfered by the sudden figure of a police officer standing right in front of her. She truly doesn't feel the Kagura in her today. Is she sick?

Okita Sougo, her eternal rival yet her first crush, had entered the park. He was the least she expected to deal today, well in her current condition that is.
"At least that'll save me energy, " she muttered. Sougo unexpectedly didn't make a single move on insulting her. He just sat right beside her. There were no signs of him attempting to piss her off.

"China, you got something to tell me?" Her body shook in surprise. 'Does he know? Or was I being obvious?' her panic mind screamed.

"Y-you're expecting something from me?" she uttered nervously. "No, but your idiotic face does." Unlike her usual days with him, she stayed silent. If it weren't for the 'last time meeting' with him, she'd probably already landed a punch or two towards his sensitive points, or maybe she'll do worst.

Spotting her unusualness, he can't help but feel worried. When he was about to ask her what's wrong, she interfered with a big sigh.

"Sadist, I'm leaving tomorrow." His eyes widened. Was he hearing wrong? He knew he heard rumours about her leaving earth, in fact, it was recently a hot topic to gossip about. But he never would have imagined her leaving for real.

"Papi offered me a job." He took a deep breath. "Ah, there'll be a lot of fighting so you better get stronger when I get back-aru!" He stayed silent. 'Huh? Is he trying to sympathize with me or am I seeing wrong?' she asked herself.

"How long?" he asked. "Huh? Wha-"
He took a deep breath, "I said, how long are you gonna be away?" he asked again. "Uhm, I don't know, four? Five years?" she replied. She wasn't expecting that. No one would.