Walk With Me

Anna

Things between Hans and I have been quite shaky these past two weeks. He made sure to pass by me and my friends a lot and not even glance our way. I told him to give me space because I couldn't help but be mad at the fact that he would never want to even get to know my friends. My head kept telling me a break up was due but I couldn't stomach that idea. Hans texted once a day and that was at night, just a paragraph asking if I was okay and that I have a wonderful night. I would respond, almost too immediately if you asked me.

I was walking out of the hostel to the cafeteria right outside when I saw Punzie and Eugene seated on the bench under a tree that had already shed way too many leaves. I paused on the path, admiring how Eugene smiled at what looked like a blushing Rapunzel. A small smiled played on my lips. I really did miss someone making me blush and feeling good about myself.

Suddenly, someone's hand clasped on mine.

"Walk with me," he said.

I let Hans lead me to wherever it is we were walking to. My mouth didn't open most of the way because I wasn't sure of what to tell him.

"Are you still mad at me, babe?"

He asked after we had walked for twenty minutes just following the paths to no particular destination. That's when I stopped and turned to face him.

"Why don't you like my friends?" I asked in return.

"I don't dislike them. I just don't think I can tolerate them," he said with a sigh.

"Don't I at least try to tolerate your friends? And speaking of friends, did you know that Alex is around?"

"Nah, I last spoke to him at the beginning of summer. He changed his number and went for a vacation, not heard about him since. How do you know he is here?"

"He texted and called me. He seems to be stalking Elsa."

"Aah! He has always been obsessed with her. Always seen her as his. Why didn't I see this? That he'd come here. And...."

He trailed off in thought. Alex was close to Hans. They shared a lot. However, in this case, it looked like this friendship drifted and is weak or no longer existing. What he did say was believable, because we also hadn't heard of Alex the whole of summer. He was part of the group of friends Hans was always with and he wasn't among them at any one given time I was with them, which was far too many times to count.

"And?"

"His vacation.... I don't think he went on a vacation. What if he's been watching your sister? Knowing how obsessed he is and possessive with her, he must have been around. What was the name of that shy nerd that was always spending time with Elsa?"

I've known Hans long enough to know when he starts talking like this, his mind is racing, thinking of different things and piecing bits of a puzzle.

"Michel?"

"Yes, him, what happened to him?"

"One day, Elsa called him to go for a movie and he just started stuttering on the phone and coming up with excuses. And after that day, he never picked whenever Elsa- OMG are you saying that Alex could be the reason?"

"I suspected that he could've been the reason then. I just didn't think on it much. Because I found it odd that this guy your sister spent a lot of time with was suddenly gone from her life. And what made me more suspicion was when one of my friends who was hitting on your sister suddenly stopped. I asked him about it and he said, 'She isn't even that hot,' and I could tell he was lying."

Hans spoke as he slowly paced in front of me. His thoughts seemed far away but what he spoke made sense. He was probably thinking of other scenarios that seemed so fishy.

"So what you are saying is that Elsa can't be with another guy?"

"Yes."

My body stilled at the new voice that joined our conversation. I didn't have to face the person to know it was none other than Alex.

End of chapter

So, Alex has finally made and appearance.

Do you agree with Hans' suspicions or are you also suspicious of Hans?

Find out more in the coming chapter.

Sorry that the chapter is so short. It's all I had for this scene. But the next chapters would have more and more for you♡.

Thank you and I love you.

~Kate Lynn