Chapter 11

Jungkook frowns as he steps into the hall, leading to Taehyung's apartment.

He knows the elder is probably still in the hospital, but he wants to check anyway. He doesn't pity Taehyung enough to see him at the hospital.

But the apartment door is open, and three police officers are standing inside.

Then he sees Jimin. The small boy is held in the hand by one of the officer's, an expression on his face that Jungkook can't really describe.

He can only certainly tell that it's not a happy face.

"What going on-"

One officer notices Jungkook and quickly holds a hand against the boy's chest, forcing him to stop.

"Step back please," the male says. They got orders that the guardian of the child might act out.

"Wha-"

"Are you Kim Taehyung?"

"No?" Jungkook states confused and sees Jimin looking up at him.

"K-Kookie," the boy whimpers. He's clearly scared of the men surrounding him, one holding his hand painfully tight.

"What the hell is going on-"

Suddenly, the hall-door is smashed open and Taehyung comes running in.

"NO!"

He screams and runs towards them. Jungkook steps back in confusion as the police officer runs against the brunette. Another officer comes to hold Jungkook back, even though he isn't doing anything.

"NO! I won't let it happen!" The father yells as he's grabbed by the officer. He kicks his legs and struggles, reaching out for his child.

"PAPA!" Jimin cries, trying to free himself from the iron-grip on his arm. The tears are streaming down his puffy cheeks as he reaches out for his father in vain.

"Kim Taehyung, calm down or we will arrest you!" The officer warns but Taehyung doesn't care. He takes the chance to kick the officer in the balls and escape his grip.

Just as he's barely a meter from Jimin, he's harshly grabbed by the man that was holding Jungkook back.

Taehyung screams in pain, both from his heart and his body as he's slammed to the ground. Jungkook flinches and takes another step back so he's against the wall.

Taehyung cries, the tears falling from his eyes as his face his pressed sideways against the ground.

This gives him the chance to see the few moments of the officers walking towards the door.

"Papa!"

"NO, don't take him!"

The cries and sobs from his child make Taehyung's heart crack. He sees his everything struggling to get to him, even though he's getting dragged towards the exit.

"P-Please, don't take him away from me-"

The moment almost turns into slow-motion as Jimin's screams fill the hall only to be cut by the door closing, his eyes filled with so much sorrow and fear as his vision is cut from Taehyung's, leaving the hall in complete silence.