- ̗̀ 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊 ̖́-

𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒖𝒔 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍, 𝒊'𝒎 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏
𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒔
𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒊 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖....

....𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫.

𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆:

𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 | 불꽃.

younghyun woke, feeling rays of sun dancing on his skin and hearing the soft hum of the birds in the trees. what a great day to be sick.

he meant that with full sarcasm, of course. this whole week, he's been feeling the same. sick, sick, sick. the same, same, same. nothing new.

as always. the awful feeling of being sick. nothing new happens, nothing new here. same old, same old.

his old wooden door let out a small soothing creak, indicating that someone was coming in. younghyun pulled the covers over him, realising who it was and feeling tired.

"c'mon, i've had enough of you being ill. let's go" his brother spoke softly, walking over and ruffling the younger boy's hair.
"but daniel~ i don't want to go....." younghyun whined, shaking his head and sitting up reluctantly.

daniel sighed and laughed softly, finding his younger brother adorable
"younghyun, act your age, most ten year olds would be glad to get medicine so they can go back to playing outside and meeting their friends~!" daniel sighed once again

"but....i don't have friends" younghyun looked blankly over at his brother, frowning childishly
"you have sungjin, silly! he's your best friend!" daniel laughed softly, helping the younger out of bed
"but sungjin is annoying! he act like a dad constantly.....and dads are fun....or cool...." younghyun whined, stomping his feet and frowning

"c'mon, let's go" daniel took younghyun's hand softly, handling it like china, after younghyun had got changed. daniel had always thought of younghyun as precious, something that needed to be looked after well and cared for well. younghyun had always been extremely kind, caring and positive, always, since he was born and he had never changed. ever.

"i'm taking younghyun to the doctors, he's feeling really sick" daniel told his parents, standing in front of younghyun protectively.
"really? he looks well enough to walk. well....fine, just get back before dinner" his mother complained, not a hint of care for the young boys in her voice. daniel nodded, walking younghyun outside to his car and putting the boy carefully in the passenger seat, buckling him up and then sitting in the driver's seat and buckling himself up.

the drive was silent, but somewhat nice. they made their way towards the sandy coloured building, looking around. the leaves rustled softly, a few falling from the trees.

"this place is beautiful, almost as if it was masking the fact there's a hospital there" younghyun thought.

they walked into the reception, admiring the clean white walls and numerous succulents and plants scattered around.
"hello, how can i help you?" The lady asked on the desk, smiling brightly at them. she had short blonde hair, a mixture of blue and grey as her eye colour and a cute adorable character-like smile.
"we're here to get a diagnosis" Daniel smiled back happily
"sir, i'm sorry to disappoint you, but regular diagnosis' are only given at doctors offices or pharmacies" she shook her head, looking from Daniel to Younghyun

"we don't have those in our town, that's why we've come here. it takes a two hour drive to the nearest one, in another town" Younghyun spoke up, standing on his tip-toes to see over the desk
"oh you don't? no problem them, sorry for misunderstanding, i'll find someone to see you" she smiled back, nodding. younghyun peered up at her, looking at her name tag which read 'Nord'.

they were taken down a long corridor, and then taken to a small room, around 3 meters long and 3 meters wide. it was quite small and only housed a small desk, a small bed and computer for diagnosis.
"Dr Kim will see you soon, please take a seat" nord gestured to some chairs behind her.

it took around 3 minutes for 'Dr Kim' to arrive. younghyun kept himself alert for any kind of footsteps outside, feeling wary.
"g-good morning, i'm so sorry i'm late" a young male opened the door. he had small dimples, thin frames glasses and his hair pushed back exposing his forehead. he sat down at his desk, looking over a pile of paper.

"you're younghyun, aren't you?" Dr Kim asked, looking at younghyun and crouching down slightly to reach the small boy's height. younghyun nodded in response and smiled shyly.

"so, Younghyun, mind telling me about yourself?" Dr Kim asked, trying to make the boy comfortable before conducting any tests.
"Well, i'm 9 years old, i come from a town near here that's around 5 minutes away. I have one brother, Daniel and I play guitar in my spare time. I also have a sister, but I don't know much about her since she's moved out a long time ago but her name was Jimin and she was 13 when I was born so she'd be 22 now!" Younghyun smiled, and Dr Kim realised that this boy would talk forever if he wasn't stopped.

Dr Kim took Younghyun height and weight, taking a few more tests and asking daniel about how often he was being sick and how much weight he had lost. After around an hour, Dr Kim shut his notebook and smiled softly at Younghyun.
"i'm going to have to ask you to stay here in the hospital for a while, to make sure you're safe and getting better. Is that okay?" Dr Kim asked Younghyun, clicking his pen
"y-yes" Younghyun spoke, not wanting to stay but equally not wanting to offend the older man.

"Great, let's get you to your room them, you'll have it all to yourself! There's also lots of other children here, so I'm sure you'll make lots of friends!" Dr Kim smiled before leading Younghyun to his room