Part 4 -- The soccer team

It was a week after Jisung's first day with Lee Know as his roommate and ever since, he tried really, really hard to at least get to know him, but with no result. The older would simply ignore him or stare at him and frown.

He also told Felix about it and he said he would help. It was before the team's practice when the australian found the perfect opportunity to intervene. It was around 4pm -Felix's classes were over and Jisung's two last lectures were cancelled- so they had plenty of time.

Lee Know was sitting on the ground on the football field with some other members of his team, and they were all just chilling, probably waiting for the couch and the others to arrive.

Felix waved at his boyfriend from the bleachers until he got noticed and Changbin waved back, a huge smile growing on his face.

"Let's go!" the blonde said, grabbing his best friend's wrist. He dragged him all the way down to where the soccer players were sitting. Jisung felt anxious about meeting them, but couldn't do anything about it.

Once they made it there and the boys looked up at them, Jisung tried to get rid of the lump in his throat and greeted, "Hey!" while Felix just shrieked, "Hi guys!" and went straight up to sit on his boyfriend's lap and kiss him passionately.

Soon, the others minded their own business; even Felix seemed to forget why he was there as he continued flirting and kissing with his boyfriend. Jisung was standing there awkwardly, tappind his feet to the ground. He looked over at Lee Know.

He was kind of playing something with Hwang Hyunjin, teasing and tickling him while he was laying on the field on his tummy.

Jisung finally sat down, pretending to look around while he was basically just trying to understand why did his roommate seem to be so nice and fun to other people. What did I ever do to him? he whined inside his head. The moment Hyunjin started talking to someone else and Lee Know went quiet, Jisung took the chance and made a smart move.

He got up, walked over to where Lee Know was sitting and sat between him and another guy who was on his phone, not paying too much attention to anyone around him.

"Hey," Jisung whispered, smiling slightly. It took the other a few seconds to realize that he was talking to him; he nodded in reply. "So. . .Are you coming late tonight?"

Lee Know shook his head, still avoiding eye contact. "No. The practice is gonna be over by 5.30pm or so. . ."

Jisung says, "Oh I see. . .I'll um. . .You can shower first."

"I'll shower at the locker rooms," Lee Know stated dryly.

It's technically impossible to make conversation with this guy, the younger thought while sighing.

He tried again, "So sports, huh? I bet you hate history or dance."

Lee Know shook his head again. "I actually major in choreography and performance. . .and I also love history."

"Oh, Felix majors is choreography and performance too!" Jisung said and Felix turned his head to look at him, hearing his name. Noticing how they were sitting next to each other, he just gave his best friend a thumbs up and went to talk to his boyfriend again, considering it was all good. But after nodding to what Jisung said, Lee Know went quiet again and just tried to join one of the other boys' conversations. "Oh, I remembered I've an assingment due to next week for my history class and I can't finish it because I just don't get something. Could you please help me?"

The older visibly tensed up and looked away as he fiddled with his sweatpants. "I'm busy."

"Please! Your classes usually start at 11am anyway, so how about tomorrow morning? At 9am?" He didn't seem to convince the other so he breathed in and then proceeded to touch his thigh with a hand as he added, "I really need help."

Lee Know glanced over at Jisung's hand and frowned. Under pressure, he ended up nodding. The last thing he remembered until the familiar, sharp whistle of his coach was heard, was Jisung and Felix waving at them while walking away.

"Let's go, guys! Get up! Let's warm up a bit!" the coach yelled, kicking one of the players in the shin as he walked through the scattering of people laying on the ground.

-

The next morning they both woke up at 8am and minded their own business in silence; everything seemed to be fine until when Jisung came out of the shower in a towel and started looking everywhere for the clothes he wanted to wear but couldn't find them. Well, he soon thought they might have got mixed up with Minho's so he tried to sort them out at the speed of light while the older was showering.

He knew it was wrong to go through other people's stuff but it would be way faster and less embarrassing this way. Plus Lee Know wouldn't find out so he actually thought it was a good idea.

Yes he was, indeed, that dumb.

"Why does he have only oversized clothes? He has such a nice body," Jisung talked to himself, examining his roommate's large pieces of clothing. He noticed Lee Know would wear huge hoodies and large sweatpants all the time. Maybe it just how he felt comfortable, though.

He sighed after having to close the closet's doors shut because he didn't find anything there. Walking back towards his own closet, he saw a large laundry basket laid on the bottom bunk and launched himself at it. He found the shirt he was looking for in the matter of a second, but still couldn't find his pants so he kept digging into the basket until a raspy voice almost made him fall onto the ground.

"What do you think you're doing?" Lee Know asked, slightly annoyed. Jisung backed away from his bed and smiled.

"I was looking for my pants; my ex roommate's clothes used to get mixed up with mine all the time, so I thought I could find 'em there. Sorry."

Turning around, Jisung met the familiar frown and pout from his roommate. He was so sick of being ignored or really just be treated like this. He didn't understand what could he do to get at least three seconds of Lee Know's friendly side. It was impossible.

"I'll get dressed in a few minutes," the younger acknowledged quietly. "Where are we going to study, by the way?"

"We could go to a library, but I want to grab a coffee and maybe something to eat before my first lecture starts, so we'll go to a café next to the campus."

Jisung stared at him, awestruck. Not because he said something special or anything like that, but because it was just the longest phrase he had ever heard coming out of his mouth.

He nodded repeatedly and started getting dressed. After he was done, he grabbed his stuff and walked behind Lee Know, not daring to say one more word as they exited the building to be surprised by the crisp morning air along with the usual loud carn horns and the huge masses of people constantly bumping into each other as they hurried down the streets.