Part 7 -- Drunk

The sweet, warm smell of fried chicken wafted its way up to Jisung when they entered the bar, and his stomach growled eagerly in response. Chan brought them to his boyfriend's kind of restaurant because he said he would give them a discount.

They sat at the largest table which also had the most seats. The place was really quiet until they entered; you could only hear music coming from the speakers at a low volume and the muffled phrases of the two other persons who were heading out.

As soon as the soccer team sat down, most of them started hitting the table with their fists in excitement while Chan ordered chicken, drinks, sauces and lots of other food. After the boy noted all of the things the captain of the team said on his notebook, the latter proceeded to slap his ass slightly, and winked at him. That's probably his boyfriend, Jisung thought.

After some time, they all went quiet and Jisung only noticed why when he looked at the seat across him. Everyone was staring at Lee Know because he was the only one who didn't seem to be excited. At all.

He actually made Jisung feel bad because he was staring at him with a disgusted look on his face - the poor guy just breathed while pressing a bag of ice against his bruised eye and cheek.

"Are you okay?" Hyunjin asked his friend out loud. Lee Know hummed in response.

"You're usually the loudest. What's the matter?" Chan said.

"I'm just tired, that's all," he answered while rolling his eyes.

"Sure?"

"I swear."

Chan nodded even though it was obvious that he didn't do it wholeheartedly. Jisung noticed that the two of them along Hyunjin and Changbin were the closest in their team, and that they probably knew each other for a long time.

"Here's your beers!" a cherry voice broke in and they all turned their gazes to a pretty girl who was placing some green bottles on their table.

"Thanks, Jihyo noona!" some of them said. "Don't you want to join us? We're celebrating our win!" Chan asked

"I would love to," she paused to pass the last bottle of beer to Changbin by launching it at him, "but my shift is almost over and I have a date. Congratulations, by the way!" She tried to catch a glimpse of everyone's faces and was ready to leave when she noticed Jisung. "Oh? Are you new? I'm sure I haven't seen you around."

Of course you haven't seen me around, I wouldn't enter a place named 'Woojin's Chicken' alone, Jisung thought. Afterwards, he wanted to reply but Hyunjin did for him, "He's not a member of our team, we just asked him to join us today."

"Oh, well- Have fun then! I'll ask Mina to bring the rest of your order as fast as possible." She turned around and paced towards the kitchen. "Hey, Mina, Chan's here with his team at the long ass table and they-" her voice faded out as she left the room while taking off her apron.

After another waitress brought them their food, Jisung ate a few chicken wings while pretending to listen to the multiple conversations that were happening at the same time, but couldn't actually comprehend what was anyone trying to say. It was just inside jokes or stories that were linking to other familiar ones for them, so he kinda felt left out and regretted agreeing to come with them. They were probably just trying to be nice.

The only thing that he understood was how the other team from that day were just a couple of incompetents.

Then he shifted his attention to the bottle of beer in front or him. Of course, he wouldn't get drunk for drinking it but was is a good idea, though?
He turned into a wild person when drunk.