Chapter 1.

A/N : see now that I got the Prologue done a whole bunch of ideas came flooding and I don't wanna forget cause I really like the idea.

Time Skip : 10 Yrs later

Dennis puckered his lips, a small circle had formed he blew at the dust on the shelf, dragging his finger to pick it up. There were millions of Shoe boxes in his moms closet, she was currently at work. The unpredictability of her schedule made him wanna hurry, when he was younger she always brought the book with her, as that was when his curiosity was at its finest, now that he was older and acted like he lost interest in it, when In reality he was still dying to know she took the risk in leaving the book home, stored away in one of the shoe boxes.
Hearing the keys jangle in his mother's hand as she fussed over the dozens of keys trying to find the right one, he would always tell her to paint the house key and not any of the other keys so they stood out. She didn't listen and for once he was glad as it bought him more time. Stealthily he opened the correct shoe box and stuffed the book in his hoodie. He climbed down the ladder of the attic and quietly closed it back up, erasing the evidence he had ever been up there.
He went to his room which was in the hall in which the attic was located, and hide the book in one of his drawers of his wardrobe. He heard his mom come in " Honey! I'm home!" Dennis opened his door and smiled making his way towards his mom his arms wide open to embrace her in a hug " How was work?" She sighed " Rough, the E.R was packed today" Dennis nodded " I made lunch, hungry?"
" starving" was her response.
Dennis sat with his mom At the table as she ate, twirling pasta around with her fork " what have you been up to?" Dennis shrugged " The usual" His mom nodded thinking over his response. Her pager went off " seriously?" She groaned kissed Dennis on the cheek laughing as he made a mock disgusted face as he wiped his cheek " Love you!" She called out " love you too" Dennis called back.
A/N : Fun Fact : my aunt is actually an ER nurse so that's pretty cool