Safe

Lucy was finally back home, Mard had fallen asleep on her lap about halfway through the chapter in her science journal. If she ever needed to put a bad demon to sleep, apparently quantum physics filled that role. He slept most of the time there, only barely waking when she'd move him to go put laundry in the dryer and then as they left.

She wondered if he napped this much when he wasn't a cat. Meh, it didn't matter, it's not like she was going to be with him for much longer. Most likely after his curse was lifted, he would go his way and she would go her way. Lucy rubbed her chest, feeling it ache for a second at the thought of Mard walking away from her. That came out of left field.

As she cleaned around the apartment, Mard was strangely quiet and she refrained from touching him while he slept. As she was in no mood to tempt fate if he was dreaming, she'd dodged that bullet at the laundromat. One mental whammy had been her limit and to go through that again would have her questioning her sanity.

She was still having a hard time shaking the image of her dream lover's face from behind her eyes. Chiseled cheekbones, large onyx eyes, defined nose and sensually semi full lips. Everything about him screamed elegance and sex. The way he moved... Lucy had never orgasmed that fast in her life.

Lucy finally sat down at her writing desk in an exaggerated plop, tired from her mental gymnastics. Loke appeared right as she was reaching for her pen to start writing. She smiled and twisted to look over towards the center of her living room where the spirit stood holding several thick tomes. He was dressed in his usual black suit with tiger striped tie and signature blue tinted glasses on his regal and handsome face.

"I have returned and here are a few books we have on Mard Geer Tartaros and the Underworld. Also, I know about his curse," he said pride dripping from his voice.

Lucy got up and smiled at him, "thank you Loke, I suppose I owe you that kiss now."

He flashed her a devilish smile and walked over to her, she could feel the stars dance all over him as he got close. Loke was handsome, she would never deny that, but he was a spirit and this was dangerous territory. A key holder and a spirit could never work, in fact it was forbidden for a reason. Several in fact including the case that there used to be a couple more constellations before they disappeared when the spirits became mortal for love. There was a beauty in that, and Lucy knew it was also just as likely that one day, thanks to the inevitable end of all things, stars that made up her friends would eventually go nova.

Loke ran his fingers down her cheek as his arm circled around her waist, holding her tight to him. She could smell his natural scent that could only be described as wild, sensual with an undertone of rich chocolate. His frame was firm, beautiful muscles hid under the silk suit that was custom made for his body. It was hard to not notice that the Lion spirit was walking sex, and one look in his eyes could bring a woman to her knees in an instant.

"One kiss, Princess," he whispered as his head lowered, his pillow lips ghosting over hers.

Lucy! Mard's voice was dark, dripping in anger as it entered her head. Loke suddenly pulled back as a furious furball jumped up on him, biting his ear.

Lucy started laughing as Loke pulled Mard off and he kept wildly swinging around in the air. She heard him go on a litany of things he would do with the lion's intestines if he was in his proper body. It made her laugh and she eventually rescued her demon kitty.

"Loke, be nice. And Mard, no more attacking Loke," she said as Mard nuzzled against her.

"Princess, my kiss, go lock him in the bathroom or something," the spirit protested.

You cannot be serious. He will sleep with anything that breathes and even that is optional. Do you know how many diseases can be transmitted via kiss?