Old Rivalries and New Mindsets

Ch.21 - Old Rivalries and New Mindsets

(AN- FYI, since some of the miraculous are WAY overpowered and mess with the canon ML lore, I'll be either changing or fixing some of the powers to make it less OP and more even to the other miraculous. Thanks for understanding)

Kuro lead the way, having told Deku the lie that she was going to walk him through a usual nightly patrol. The chatter between the two having died down, and she wondered what exactly Midoriya was thinking.

She got her answer soon enough... as Midoriya began to speak.

"So... why do you follow Red Beetle?" He asked, seeing Kuro chuckle lightly.

"I know what you're thinking, and especially after the fight we just had... but RB is a good hero under it all. He wants to do good, but just can't be sure how to make himself seem genuine about it."

Deku stopped moving, making Kuro pause and look back at him as well.

"Well... I don't think he's worthy of being a hero." Deku breathed. "I don't know why some high power chose him... and what pathetic rationale you follow... Red Beetle is a disgrace of a hero. And... I'm going to make sure to change exactly who gets to be a hero."

Kuro watched with curious eyes as Midoriya clicked his pen. The green color shifting to yellow. Kuro's mouth opening, ready to try and talk him out of this mindset. But it was too late. And as Kuro realized Red Beetle had been right, she could no longer fight back.

"Venom!" Deku called suddenly, jabbing Kuro in her chest.

Instantly, Kuro couldn't feel her body. She was frozen in place, only able to watch as Midoriya slowly reached down and took her miraculous into his hands. Ready to follow through with what he had just told her about.

Deku paused, looking down at the black necklace in his hands. He frowned, looking back towards Kuro, as a purple butterfly mask suddenly appeared. Kuro watching and listening as best she could, knowing that this may be it for her.

"I know... but, Kuro hasn't done anything to me..." Deku's eyes held onto guilt. "Doesn't it... make me the villain by taking her miraculous?"

In the next moment, Kuro witnessed Deku's hand suddenly grip her necklace and start to pull it up towards her head. Deku's face contorted into a painful expression as his hand and arm moved in an unnatural fashion.

"S-stop... I'll do what you say." Deku begged. "J-just let me control my body again...

Kuro's reaction remained as it had, but now her mind was spinning. Monarch was able to control the bodies of those he affected like a puppet? And despite the power given to him and the anger in his heart... Midoriya was still in there, fighting to do the right thing.

If only she could talk... Kuro could try to reason with him. But as it stood right now, with her paralyzed and her miraculous starting to pass by her eyes... this was it. She was about to lose it all.

"Get your filthy hands off her!" An angry voice screamed and then suddenly Deku was thrown off Kuro.

Her necklace falling back onto her chest, safe for now. Red Beetle stepping between her and the Akuma victim. His eyes glaring daggers at Deku, knowing that if the ash-blonde had been even a second later, Kuro would have lost her miraculous.

"Looks like I get to beat you up after all..." RB venomed. "And now I won't feel bad after what you did to the catgirl."

Deku smirked, standing up. "Looks like you are a lot smarter than I thought... though, I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve."