Sudden Confessions and Unexpected Heartbreak

Ch.26 - Sudden Confessions and Unexpected Heartbreak

You bravely crossed the entranceway into UA. Smiling to yourself about the new little accessory in your hair today. Your mother had seemed too excited to wait to give it to you for your birthday in another few months and thus had decided to gift it to you early. Something about it being a present for how well you've done in your new school environment.

You could hardly believe how well you were getting along at school either. Part of you still always worried about if you were fitting in, making friends, and acting as a teenager should... but you knew better than to focus your energy on that.

The small little clip in your hair had a hand-painted landscape of flowers on it. Making you smile at how the girls would find it cute, plus... it would help keep your hair out of your eyes when you were trying to do work.

Your feet walked happily down the hallway, pausing when you saw the boy you were looking for by one of the vending machines. Well... better now than later. Might as well not beat around the bush any longer!

"Bakugou-kun!" You ran up to him, heart beating that much faster as you approached him. "Do you have a minute?"

Bakugou rose a brow, noticing the nervous, yet excited smile. As well as the pink on your cheeks. He was curious what this could be about, and thus wouldn't blow you off to enjoy his black coffee.

You inhaled slowly, seeing as you had his attention and might as well come out with it. You looked at him with a smile, making the male's heart clenching from that sweet face... for him.

"I-I've really enjoyed having you tag along to the last few weekend activities... but I was wondering if maybe you'd be interested in going to a movie or something, just the two of us sometime... as a... a date?"

You shut your eyes tightly, becoming a little stiff. You had said it, thus, you could praise yourself for that. Now you just had to wait for a response. Hopefully a good response.

You waited several seconds, and eventually, it turned into a minute. You peeked your eyes open once more, looking towards the male. Did he not hear you? No... he had to, so... why hadn't he said anything?

Your eyes were met with a long frown, and eyes filled with emotions you couldn't place. But, he looked angry. Truthfully, Bakugou always looked angry, but this time... this angry just looked different. As if he wasn't sure how to handle it.

You took a step back, seeing as your little invitation was taken in a way you didn't expect. Was he really so disgusted by your question that he didn't even think you deserved to be talked to?

"O-Oh... I'm sorry." Your voice cracked as the first little bubbles of liquid started to form in your eyes.

You didn't say anything else, instead running off down the hallway. The last image Bakugou saw of you was the waterworks breaking down your cheeks.

He inhaled slowly, looking down at his hands. What the hell was that? Why didn't he say anything?

You asked him out! You just confirmed you had feelings for him! Him!

And yet, he couldn't speak. He wanted to... but instead, he was left in such a stupor that you had taken it the wrong way. And he couldn't blame you, seeing as he had only stared you down in the shocked face at this sudden exchange of feelings.

Or rather... only your sudden exchange of feelings.

He felt the same though and had been wanting to tell you himself. So why? Why couldn't...