8.3 Our Mind is a Complicated and Complex Place

Later that night after their talk, Jin was making his way to the kitchen to get something to drink. He was halfway there when he heard a thud signaling the door closing. He arrives at the kitchen but then continue to his door and saw that one of Jungkook's usual shoes was missing. Jungkook must have gone out to Jimin's. The realization felt like another stab in his wounded chest.

Well, he isn't Jungkook's valentine after all.

So right now Jin and Jungkook are so much more civil in the house. Jin didn't have to wait until Jungkook is gone to get out of his room. And he was no longer coming back home to glare and scary stare from Jungkook anymore. Or the rising voice when they were verbally fighting and hurting each other.

Talking about the room. Jungkook actually asked to swap the room with him, but Jin said that it was fine and moving was so much of trouble anyways.

It was not about the size of the room. It was just the fact that no matter how big the room Jin moves to, It's not like Jin could be in the same room as Jungkook anyways.

They met from time to time in the house. Sometimes while he was having dinner alone, Jungkook would come in and sit with him for a while for conversations. Then he would excuse himself and leave the house.

Jin knew where he was going. He knew Jungkook was going to see Jimin every time he left the house.

It's okay.

He tells his heart. Jin, you'll be okay.

He has been telling this lie to comfort himself for a few weeks now and seems like he still isn't sure whether he is going to be okay or not because he doesn't think he could ever get used to this sadness of watching your husband going to the person that he loves.

After months passed by after the talk, now Jin really couldn't feel Jimin's presence at all. Most of the time.

Jungkook stopped bringing Jimin over. And every time Jin was alone in the penthouse with Jungkook, those short moments, Jin felt like Jungkook was his for a little while.

They talked, they laughed. He found Jungkook's company comfortable and fun. Someday he found himself waiting for Jungkook to come back when he was dining alone in the kitchen.

Some day he found himself waited for the Jungkook to make a sound outside so then he would make his way outside for his usual cup of orange juice and have a morning talk with him. This was getting dangerous for Jin but he didn't back away. If he could enjoy those little moments, then he will have it.

He learned that Jungkook was actually a workaholic; working nonstop on some weeks that skipping out on meal was a typical thing for him.

Jin admired it. Admired the fact that Jungkook would always come back home, tired from work and would still make time for Jimin. To make sure he would always go see him at least for a bit. Jin was jealous. He felt so petty that he felt jealous of their relationship. He thought that maybe he had married a good man. But it was unfortunate that his heart was already taken.

Work was crazy today at the Jeon's group headquarter. Urgent issues came up and it needed to resolve immediately. So Jungkook sat in hours at the meeting, when he finished everything, he didn't even know what time it was now.

He looked up at his watch and saw that it was already 2PM.

"You all can be dismissed now. Go have some lunch. Good job team"

Jungkook made his way back to his office. Probably he will go back home now and hopefully, he would meet Jin there. He didn't know why he was having that thought instead of going for his lunch.

His secretary greeted him. "Good afternoon Mr. Jeon." Jungkook head wavered at her presence "Your husband has sent you a lunch box this noon. I have it placed on your table" Jungkook stopped on his spot. Looking at her without saying anything probably he was a bit taken back by all of this. "Would you like to heat the lunch sir?"

"No, it's okay. Thank you."

Jungkook walked faster into his office room and saw the big white boxes sticking up on top of each other. He opened and have found a variety of food inside each of it. One box filled with different types of fried tempura, both veggies, and seafood while another box was stocked with colorful kimbap. He opened another box beside it that seemed to be a soup box that can hold the heat; he lifted opening the box with the delicious aroma rushing to his nose and saw that it was a deok soup; one of his favorite food in this word. And Jungkook wasn't sure if this was a coincidence or what but Jin also had packed him a variety of small side dishes as well; the thing that Jungkook never lose when it comes to eating.

Jungkook simply felt so grateful.

Jungkook

14:12

Where are you right now? Are you busy?

Kim Seokjin

14:15

I'm at my restaurant. Leaving to home soon. Things are under control as usual.
Did you enjoy your lunch?

Jungkook

14:16

I was thinking about whether you want to drop by my office. We can share lunch together. It can be your supper.
No pressure. I'd understand if you feel tired from work.

Jungkook waited. And the reply didn't come instantly. He felt somehow a bit anxious. He wished Jin would agree to come though.

Kim Seokjin

14:22

I'm bringing you juice. What do you want?

Jungkook typed in Banana shake and sent to Jin, not noticing the small smile that appeared at the corner of his face and his eyes that were lighten up at his husband's reply "See you"

"Jungkookie, you're so busy these days" Jungkook was lying down in Jimin's sofa while having Jimin was under his arms, hugging his body.

"Sorry Jiminie, it is a crazy month" Jungkook kissed the temple on Jimin's head.

"Hmmm" Jimin didn't say anything after that.

Silence.

Jimin isn't stupid. Jimin is special to Jungkook. Someone that Jungkook trusts and very open to about anything.

So, of course, the latter had told him about his conversation with his stupid husband, Seokjin.

And of course, Jimin knows how easily attracted Jungkook can get when he allows himself to be. So it wasn't unusual if Jungkook started getting friendly with Jin.

But the thing is, Jimin hates it. He will not allow Jungkook and Jin to become close. Not even if they are just going to be a friendly stranger.

"Make sure you rest well, Jungkook. I don't want you to get sick" Jimin faked his worried voice and face while looking up to Jungkook with sad eyes. Jungkook pulled him in closer. Jungkook is so easy to predict and taint. "Aww Jimin, I won't. Don't worry okay?

Jimin gave him a nod. His face was resting down on Jungkook's chest. He squeezed his fist so hard from the thought of Jungkook and Jin being all friendly and civil with each other behind his back.

Seemed like his lover has been choosing to spend a lot more time in his penthouse with his fake stupid husband more than usual.

"I'll make it up to you. Tell me where shall we go?" Jungkook suggested.

Jimin's eyes are dark and murderous and then a snarky grin was seen on his face.

He lifted his face up from Jungkook's chest flashed him an innocent and bright smile.

"Why don't you introduce me to Jin again? I want to say sorry about last time and hopefully, we can be good friend with each other"