prologue

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

╔═══════════════╗
PROLOGUE
╚═══════════════╝

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Odin woke to the sound of someone walking down the corridors of the palace

Odin woke to the sound of someone walking down the corridors of the palace. It was strange, only the guards were awake at night for their shifts but never had they come down the corridor of his family. The Allfather shook his wife awake.

"Someone is here," he only said. Not long after they were out of their bed and walking down the corridor as silently as they could. Coming to the throne room they finally spotted someone. By the looks of it, they were a woman. They wore a dark gown, an even darker hooded cloak over it. Their face was hidden from them so they could not detect who it was.

"Odin. Frigga. It is good to see you both again," the woman spoke, who hadn't even looked at them yet.

"Who are you? Why have you come here?" Odin demanded.

"It's been a long time Odin, of course, it will be hard for you to remember me," the woman said. Her slender hands pulling the hood back to show the woman's face. "It's been five hundred years after all."

"Lady Bergljót!" Frigga gasped before she and her husband bowed. "I apologize, we didn't know it was you walking through the royal corridor."

"Lady Bergljót, why are you here? Is Asgard is danger?" Odin asked. Bergljót shook her head.

"No, Odin. However, I am here because of your son," the Goddess said. The Allfather looked concerned.

"Is Thor in danger?" Bergljót visibly frowned. Odin had two sons, not just Thor. Frigga also noticed favoritism towards their oldest.

"No, I meant Loki," Odin's demeanor noticeably changed. This made the Goddess even more upset. This was exactly why she had come to Asgard.

"Is Loki causing danger to our realm?"

"Do you honestly think so low of your son?" Bergljót scowled.

"He is not mine by blood," Odin brushed her anger off like he had done nothing wrong. Her face burned red with anger.

"I was the one that brought you to Loki five hundred years ago. I believed he was safe with you, and it was a terrible mistake," Bergljót seethed. "Now I see you only use him for a tool."

"So what? Are you going to take him away from his home?" Odin demanded.

"No. I won't. He's safe with Frigga, and he is to be protected here. Mark my words, Odin. If I have to return, I will take Loki with me regardless."

Bergljót turned to Frigga, the beautiful wife of Odin. The Goddess held plenty of respect for the woman, and she acted like a true mother.

"Frigga, I give you my blessing of love and comfort. Please, continue down the path you are going down to raising your sons," the woman nodded. Bergljót turned to leave, not before sending Odin a warning glare.

"Remember my warning, Odin."

Then, she was gone.