Chapter 1 - NexTech Industries

To the outside world, NexTech Industries was the typical, multi-million dollar tech company. They sold phones, tablets, TV's, and any other gadget you could imagine. The mastermind of the whole ensemble, Dr. Jacob Thurman, relished in the fame and fortune the company brought he wanted--needed more.

He wanted something groundbreaking, something that would change life as we knew it. To do that, he invested 2/3 of what NexTech was worth in order to get what he wanted: Alien DNA. Three months before Dr. Jacob began his project, there was a UFO crash landing in Creede, Colorado. What was found was exactly what he was looking for. NexTech was one of 10 big technology companies to know about this, and the US government tasked each of them to come up with something extraordinary.

Dr. Thurman knew exactly what he'd do with his portion of the DNA: create robot-alien hybrids, specifically used for aid. To assist the elderly, disabled, special needs, etc. But, when he made his first 100 prototypes, they were too intelligent. More human than robot. Two employees at NexTech Industries, Emma and Tyler Miller, formed a special connection with two of the prototypes: MC-1234 & RT-1278. 

A week before their plan came into motion, Tyler overheard Dr. Thurman talking about dismembering and reworking all 100 prototypes into being more robotic than human-alien. Emma and Tyler couldn't bare to part ways with MC-1234 and MC-1278 so they began formulating their plan. They were going to start a fire inside of NexTech Industries, demolishing all the prototypes, faking their own deaths and smuggling MC-1234 and MC-1278 out.

Their plan was a success. Emma and Tyler were pronounced dead and all the hybrids were destroyed. They moved from bustling Los Angeles where NexTech Industries headquarters resides to a small town in Virginia. MC-1234 and MC-1278 basically grew like normal humans, so MC-1234 was around 5 when they were taken and MC-1278 was 3. Emma and Tyler decided to name them Kai (MC-1234) and Kayla (MC-1278)

Even though Kai and Kayla looked human on the outside, minus unnatural eyes and hair colors (fixed by contacts and hair dye), on the inside they were anything but. Their minds worked quick and they were extremely intelligent, they had telekinetic and telepathic abilties, along with regenerative and reduced aging abilities, they never felt pain.

What they soon discovered after Kai's 7th birthday, that he was extremely powerful, way powerful than his sister. Whenever he'd throw temper tantrums, the whole house would shake with fury, the sunny skies outside would turn cloudy and thunder and lightning would strike. Tyler and Emma both knew if they didn't find a way to hide this side of him, something bad was bound to happen one day. So, they created a drug that would suppress both of their abilities and keep him stable. 

The Miller family lived out undiscovered and happily for 11 years before they were found again...