17

I was woken up by Malory screaming my name from upstairs. I pop up and run downstairs, running into her as she was walking up.

"Ow fuck" she said in pain as she rubbed her forehead.

"Sorry..what's up?" I asked curious and she turned around to go sit of the couch, and I followed right behind her.

"So.." she started, " there is this party in 2 weeks"

"Ok?" I said in more of a questioning way "soooo. I want you to come"

I thought about it for a second, then i realized I've been so fought up with my dad and my mom that i haven't really gone out.

"Sure.." I said "sure..what?" She asked "sure I'll go to the party with you" I said as I shrugged my shoulders

+

After a few hours she left and I watched tv till bella got home.

To be honest I really was interested in why joey left, so when I heard the front door close I spoke " hey bella?"

"Yea"

"Why'd joey leave?" I asked turning to her, as well as turning off the tv.

"He said he wanted to go back to live with mom, he was getting home sick..but to me that was total bullshit. Before you came he was a complete asshole, he never talked to me, he always brought girls over without my permission. And he thought he was the boss of everyone."

"What do you think the real reason was?" I asked getting more interested.

"I think he realized he was going soft, so he moved back to where the bad influences are"

"Oh" I said and turned back around in the couch and sighed.

+

2 weeks later

Malory was at my house getting ready for the party.

"So is this party a pretty big deal?" I asked

"Yea they have it every year around the same time. I think the persons name is Scott or something"

"Oh"

+

We got to the house and there were so much people there. Me and Malory waled in and right when i walked in I instantly smelt the alcohol.

I was walking outside because it was wayyy to hot and crowded in here. By now I had lost Malory. When I walked outside I saw joey...he looked...drunk?

"Heyyyyy vallllll" he walked up to me all cheerful, he seemed in a good mood so I don't wanna ruin his fun so I said "1 don't call me that 2 hi joey" I started walking off because tbh I did not want to talk to him.

"Waaaiiitttt where are you goingggg" he said and pulled me into a hug, I hesitated at first but then hugged him back slightly. Soon after we pulled away one of his Friends Im guessing, Wales up and said "hey joey want another ecstasy" that's why he's so happy and nice.

"Um how many has he taken?" I asked blue eyed, black haired boy.

"At least 3..this dude can handle it tho" he said, you could tell he's kinda drunk too. Usually I don't ever act like a party pooper, but for some reason I don't want joey to overdose.

"Yea he'll pass" i said. I started walking out of the house till someone pulled us back. Suddenly we were both in a circle of people.

"Ouuu yay! Truth of dare" Joey said...

Great.

"Alright you.." the girl said pointing at me "truth or dare" I thought about for a second.

"Dare.." i said

" no backsies"

"nObacKsIes ..What is this..3rd grade?" I looked at her stupid. Everyone started laughing, I checked the time on my phone and when I looked up she was gone and walking off.

It was 12 I wanted to go home they wouldn't let me get out of this circle, joey snuck out. I felt someone tap on my shoulder, I turn around and see Malory.

"Hey i think it's time to go" she said, she was completely sober.

Surprising honestly.

We took an Uber here but we decided we were just gonna walk back and she'll stay at the apartment.

When we got home I saw bella. She usually gets off of work at this time.

"Valerie, where the hell were you" she asked worried like a mom.

"I was at a party." I said as I hugged her. "And you didn't invite me, rude" she said and we chuckled a bit.

She looked at Malory and said "you look familiar" she thought for a second "gosh where have I seen you"

"OH Juvie you were like 12 when you came right?" Bella asked her

"That's me" she said not very proud of it.

"See you tomorrow bella" i said as we walked upstairs.

As I closed the door I let out a sigh

"Do you wanna sleep in here, because there is another room you can sleep in and I can just-" when I turned around I saw Malory on the beanbag asleep.

And soon after I fell asleep.