Chapter 19 - Realizations

Kimmon unceremoniously plopped down his bed. It was a very busy day and he just wanted to sleep. They were able to close the deal with their newest client and the project is scheduled to start at the last quarter of the year. He had no doubt from the start that they will get this project because he and Tae had really prepared hard for this. And that's why even though he want to just stay in bed and sleep he also wanted to go out to celebrate with his two friends. He was about to get off the bed when his phone pinged.

Copter: Did you get the project?

A smile automatically made it to his face seeing the sender of the message. He stayed seated on the edge of the bed and typed his response.

Kimmon: Of course
Copter: Congratulations 
Kimmon: Thank you
Copter: Tell Tae congrats too
Kimmon: I will tell him
Kimmon: What are you doing right now?

Kimmon asked wanting to discretely find out how the man is feeling right now. Yesterday was a very hard day for the younger man.

Copter: Third wheeling again 😒

Kimmon laughed at the man's reply but he felt a sense of relief knowing the other man is not alone right now. Bas must have planned everything knowing how this time of the year will be for his best friend.

Copter: But I'm really glad they are here

His breathing hitched as he read the message then he wasn't able to stop himself from calling the younger man.

He heard Copter chuckling as the other answered the call.

"Hello." Copter greeted.

"Hi." Kimmon stupidly answered then he heard the man laughed again.

"Why are you suddenly calling?" Copter chuckled.

Kimmon smiled noticing the difference between the man's voice yesterday and today.

'He might still be sad but glad to know he is a lot better from yesterday'

"I know what you are thinking." Copter said on the other line. "Don't worry. I am perfectly fine."

Then there is an awkward silence between them as Kimmon doesn't really know how to answer to that because it is true he is worried about him. He can't understand but the feeling is there.

"Thank you for worrying about me." Copter began talking again. "Godt had been religiously asking how I am doing but I just got this feeling you are the one behind it." The man laughed again.

Kimmon just stayed quiet unable to answer but he take a quick note to strangle Godt the next time he see him for being so 'discrete'. He did ask his cousin to watch Copter after he found out about Alex's death anniversary.

"But what is this all about?" Copter asked.

Kimmon doesn't really know how to answer to that so he blurted out the first thing that came into his mind. "I'm just being a good friend." Then there was an awkward silence between them again.

"We are friends?" Copter asked again.

"We had been for quite some time now." He simply answered because that is the truth. He haven't know him for so long but somehow along the way Copter unknowingly had made for himself a soft spot on Kimmon's heart.

"Thank you for being a good friend, Kim." Copter said in very soft voice that made Kimmon wanting to listen to his voice the whole night. "But you don't need to worry about me. I'm seriously fine." The man laughed. 'That laugh.' Had added one more reason for Kimmon to just want to talk to him all night.