important

There's a reason why I haven't actually drawn anything in over a week. Yes, I've been suffering from artist's block but it's also so much more complex then that. Art was really fun for me at one point. Because at one point it was just a hobby and I thought I was good. I liked my art. But it has slowly gotten to the point where it's no longer fun for me and I just need a long break from it.

I get so jealous of other people and their artwork, I get so bitter about it to the point where it's very unhealthy and it has a huge effect on my mental health. I don't want to feel this way but I can't help it. My art never gets the amount of attention that I've wanted it to, on Tumblr, my art usually gets only 70 notes, on Instagram and Amino its only 40 likes, and on Twitter it gets only 20, and that may seem like a lot but it's so little in comparsion to others and it really hurts me. Even though it shouldn't. But I just wish my art could get more attention.

And I always end up hating my art, hating how it ends up looking. That Made of Honor scene redraw? Hate it. That hot Amethyst I drew? Hate it. That Isn't it Love scene redraw? HATE IT. I hate everything I drew and I hate that I feel that way.

The point is, art isn't something that makes me happy anymore and I just need a break from it. Right now, I'm more occupied with writing and I'm just not into drawing at the moment, because as I said before, it makes me unhappy. I want to come back and draw on my own terms, and I want to feel good about it. Thank you for reading this and I hope you understand.