Max

Max's point of view...

I'm a psycopath. I know this. I just don't care. I kill animals, and my parents have taken me to about ten different therapists.

"Max, c'mon."

"Okay..."

I followed my parents, who were taking me to the tenth therapist. I pulled at his sleeves and I started to play with my hair. There was one thing different about this one. I was going to put with other kids. Kids disgust me.

"Max, I hope you really benefit from this." My mom told me.

"Mm."

"We can get ice cream after this."

"Coldness is the thing I can feel."

My parents looked at me. I was called into the room. I saw the therapist, and they were seven other kids. Two girls, and five guys. I sat down in the last chair, and I played with the switchblade in my pocket. One of the girls, had a jumprope and a knife. The other girl was playing with her earrings. The boy next to her had a pair of scissors. I between a boy with glasses and a boy with dark brown hair. The boy with glasses had an ant farm, and the boy with dark brown hair played with his hair. Two boys, one wearing a red hoodie the other wearing a purple hoodie, were talking between themselves. I looked back down at my switchblade.

"Okay, now, let's go around, and say their name and what they like. I'll go first. My name is Dr. Elizabeth Dwyer. I like my husband, Joel."

"I'm Jessica Bravura, and I like robbing people."

"I'm Johns. I likes to hurt peoples."

"I-I'm Red. I like to hurt people."

"I'm Tim. I don't like anything."

"I'm Max...I like to hurt animals."

"I'm Adam, and I like knives. And electrical sockets."

"I'm Shelby, and I like hurting myself."

"I'm Ross. I like...pain. In other people and myself."

"Okay, well, we know a few things about each other."

I knew this was going to be awful, so I zoned out. I was thinking about...murder. I wanted to murder someone. I was going to murder someone. I looked around the circle. I rested my eyes on Jessica. She'd be an easy target. I'm going to murder Jessica. I saw that Ross was staring at me. I wondered about this, but, the meeting was done.

"I always hope that everyone gets better."

I walked back to parents. They looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders, not knowing what they wanted from me.

"It's okay, Maxie."

"Don't call me that."

My mom retracted her arm. I looked at Jessica as she talked with her parents. I started to think of the many ways I could murder her. But, then I got ice cream. I couldn't taste anything, and I only felt the coldness. I loved it. It felt...relaxing. I planned my murder.