Part 2: Becoming Best Friends

Trigger Warning - Eating Disorder

Before I met Damon I thought all jocks were in love with cheerleaders. I was wrong considering Stefan isn't into them and Damon isn't. Ever since the beginning Damon and I were like instantly close. Today was like most of our days, if we didn't have much homework. When he'd take me home from school we wouldn't even do anything but homework lots of the time. Just knowing we had each other for help was motivation to do our work was enough. We'd text and talk on the phone a lot, Damon would tell me about the talk in the locker room. Which is basically a game of "Who slept with who.". I didn't really care but it was funny making fun of the desperate cheerleaders with him. Damon would sneak into my room all the time and we'd stay up watching TV marathons on the weekends. It was so much fun, I did think it'd be hard to be his friend because of my feelings for him but it wasn't. It was really easy being friends with Damon Salvatore.

The next day Damon came over again. It was Saturday morning. He came over without warning, little did I know that it would become a regular thing with him. Damon was really bummed out, he looked like a mess.

"What's wrong?" I got up off my bed and waited for him to talk to me.

"It's my half sister, Hayley. Her boyfriend's been sober for two years and he had relapsed." Damon looked down trying to hold it in. "He got into an a-accident and nearly killed this seven year old kid." His eyes watered but he didn't cry.

"Oh my gosh, Are they okay?" I asked concerned, I took his hand to comfort him. I felt so awful.

"He has a couple fractures, two cracked ribs and a broken bone then cuts and bruises. The kid had even worse than that but he's going to be alright." Damon took a breath. "My sister has a broken collarbone, fractured neck, bruises and cuts everywhere." Damon looked defeated. He and his sister are close and he didn't want her to have to go through this.

"I'm so sorry Damon." I pulled him closer and wrapped my arms around his waist. We stood there for awhile as I tried to comfort him.

"Thank you." He whispered in my ear, I felt his tears soak my shirt.

"It'll be okay." I reassured him. I felt his pain so intensely.

We sat on my bed and we laid next to each other in silence for a while, then we started making small talk. I just wanted Damon not to have to think about it, though I knew that's all he was thinking about. He felt helpless as he waited for his parents to come back and pick him up. After a while his family came to pick him up.. Things worked out fine, Damon's sister's injuries weren't to the extent of surgery. She got to go home by Tuesday to recover at home. Since she's only in her early twenties, she healed pretty fast. I was surprised that Damon opened up to me so fast. We had only known each other for a short time but he trusted me enough to come to me with something he was going through. It was a special moment we shared, Where I got to help him the way he helped me, and after that we were inseparable.

Stefan would always stare at me from his table. It was weird, I'd be talking to Damon about my classes and I'd see Stefan looking at me. He wouldn't turn away after I'd see what he was doing. I tried to ignore it because I knew Damon would freak. As much as I didn't like Stefan I didn't want to cause drama. It started around the time Damon and I started hanging out after school. He'd walk me home like the first day and we'd hang out at my house for awhile. The closer we got the worse Stefan would act around me. That made me think that, Maybe he is jealous. Sometimes I thought, "Well maybe he actually likes me like how I like Damon. He could just have a bad way of showing it." I shrug it off because he's still a jerk. I didn't even understand why he would be jealous or even like me. I didn't feel pretty, I felt disgusted. Damon always tells me he acts this why because he knows he will never be able to get in bed with me. It was true I don't even like him at all and even if I did Damon would probably freak out. Stefan did bother me a few times after that first day.