A Murder Case in Northern District

Detective Pyrope gazed restlessly at the paper. It was a report about a murder in the Northern District. She had been reading the reports for hours. Usually she can nail the suspect after reading everything through for the first time. But this time, it was different. In the murder scene evidences were scarce, and traces leading to the murderer were inadequate. Feeling terribly frustrated, Detective Pyrope placed the report down on her desk and stood up, taking a coffee break. It’s not really a coffee break though, as she doesn’t drink coffee at all. Instead, she eats bright red colored candies suspended on plastic sticks: a delectable treat in her hometown.

Sollux Captor was murdered. It’s a huge deal for all of the people in the Northern District, as he’s the one taking care of technology-related matters—which the people of the Northern district relies heavily upon. Even for Detective Pyrope he’s a huge deal. He was her close friend after all. His death must be brought to justice.

As she tasted the sweet cherry lollipop in her mouth, she began to remember what her witnesses were saying. One them was the victim’s housemate, Feferi Peixes. She claimed to have left the house at 9:40AM to buy them lunch. She swore to have locked the doors before leaving, as she knows how snappy Solllux gets whenever somebody other than her enters the house. She got home around 10:10AM, and found the house to be eerily silent. She thought that maybe Sollux fell asleep while doing his code upstairs. She opened the floorboard to store her keys but found a decapitated head and screamed. It was Sollux’s head, his blood everywhere down. That was when she called the police to report about the murder. When the police investigated the crime scene, Sollux was chopped into parts just to fit under the floorboard. It was a grotesque and a horrible sight.

Word got around that Feferi harbors hatred for Sollux for being snappy and frank. She could barely handle Sollux’s Bipolar Disorder. It’s not a surprise if ever she breaks up with him. Besides, she found out that he and Aradia had been going out. Sollux admitted it was only a ‘friendly hang-out’ and that she shouldn’t worry about it. Feferi swore she’ll kill him if the Sollux and Aradia will have an affair, or that Sollux will cheat on her.

The other witness, who was Eridan Ampora, claimed to have been watering his garden when he saw the murderer get inside the home. He thought the murderer was a relative of theirs because the murderer had a key, so he just brushed it off. Minutes later, he felt uneasy and decided to stop watering his garden. He was about to enter is house when he saw the murderer leave out of the house through the front door. The murderer saw him watching, so Eridan hurried inside his home and locked all doors and windows, paranoid that the murderer will get him. He said it still gives him the chills thinking that the body was chopped in pieces just to fit it under the floorboards where keys were stored.

“He was doing his code before he died.” Pyrope remembered Eridan said.

Eridan Ampora was known as a childhood friend of Feferi Peixes. It is well-known that he harbors strong emotions for Feferi, but was rejected. Being jealous of Sollux, he always challenges him into a duel. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he doesn’t, but it never gets to the point where one of them nearly dies.

Further investigation reports that there are traces of blood in their room. The chair wasn’t overturned. Fingerprint scans told that the finger prints were from Sollux and Feferi only. There was no blood on the chair. The room was neat and tidy. No signs of a fight or signs of struggle. Sollux’s file in the computer was still open.

Her eyes shone. One of them was lying, and one of the witnesses was the murderer.

----

Homestuck (c) Andrew Hussie

This is a crackfic. I apologise for Sollux's fans, I ran out of possible victims.

A very easy murder case for our English Project.