one

I killed him.

That was the first thing that came into my mind after looking into his lifeless body, drenched with blood.

"L-lilia, look at me. This is not your fault okay? You did it just to protect us!" Aemie was shivering when she hugged me. I know she's panicking right now but she's still trying to sound stern.

"Don't worry about me." I said. I just don't understand what I am feeling right now. Everytime I look at his dead body, the feeling, the guilt, horror, and familiarity mix up. Guilt? The hell I just ended somebody's life. Horror? The sight of his body right now is just plain gross. Familiarity? This, I don't know.

"Should we submit ourselves to the police?" As expected of Constance, calm as ever unlike Aemie.

Now that she said it, is it really rightful to do that? I mean he almost killed us but I stopped him before doing it. That was an act of defense. Even animals do it, when they're threatened anyway.

Go to the police? No.

He deserved it.

"Let's just....throw the body." I said looking away from the corpse.

"As if you're just throwing a trash?! Lilia he is our classmate! He's a human!" Aemie shouted at my face and here it goes again, this familiar feeling.

"He is indeed a trash." I answered her.

"B-but--"

"Shut it. I just saved both of you. At least get rid of his body as your way of thanking me." I said and headed to the door. I must get out of here, it's almost eight and I'm still here. I can imagine my parents waiting for me with serious faces on our doorstep. I don't want my phone confiscated again.

"Looks like the most innocent girl in class is actually a demon." Constance said before I went out. Me? A demon? Aren't those evil? Hearing the word demon made me hate her for some unknown reason. Killing someone does not make me a demon. I did it for a good reason. I ended a life to save three. Now, doesn't that make me a hero?